Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sencitivity???

littlenugget

Hello last saturday i was detecting , i always use sencitivity 28, i was mad because i wasnt finding anything i decided tu low the sensetivity to 21....wow what a diffrence coins starting to pop up and it was a lot more stable!!!

My question is what sensitivity do you use????

Thanks!!!

It varies by site and situation... I really don't ever hunt with it higher than 26. Usually 22-26. Perhaps less if the site is super trashy.

It depends on coil size, frequency, soil conditions, trash density, targets sought.......basically a whole host of things.
Running Sensitivity too high relates to driving in fog with your high beams on.

I'm typically at 30 unless I'm getting chatter or the site is trashy then I'lll lower it some.

In my area i usually have sensitivity at 22 but there are times when 18 runs more stable, usually when it gets noisy and jumpy signals i lower the sensitivity, you won't loose depth and you will separate the coins better, i run the 10 x 5 DD coil because of the high mineral soil i have here, running in tracking and pressing the GB button a lot of times it will be in the teens, so the DD coil has helped a lot.

I use the x505 and the Sen only goes up to 20. Most times I run at 20 if I do not get a lot of chatter but i never go below 18. I feel I lose depth if I go below 18.

Something that i forgot to ask you, what numbers appear when you ground balance?

I usually get between 8 and 14, maybe that why i need to put sencitivity lower

ohh!!!! and thanks for your response guys!!

That is at least part of why you need to lower it.
It's reason enough to invest in a DD coil too. In conditions like that, a DD coil will see deeper and run smoother at higher Sensitivity.

Thats a fact on the DD coil, it cured my problem where i was running in the single to teen numbers in the GB. The DD coil made all the difference, it runs stable and has good depth.