Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitive and Sensitive FT

PhDtector

I was just messing around and might have found a little something with the Deus 2. Using factory settings for both programs 2 and 3 , Sensitive using full tones (instead of the factory 3 tones) is a little deeper than Sensitive FT. I used a clad dime buried at 4" and tested by lifting the coil. 11" coil and version 1.10, both programs ground balanced and noise cancelled. What do you think about it?

Last edited:
I was just messing around and might have found a little something with the Deus 2. Using factory settings for both programs 2 and 3 , Sensitive using full tones (instead of the factory 3 tones) is a little deeper than Sensitive FT. I used a clad dime buried at 4" and tested by lifting the coil. 11" coil and version 1.10, both programs ground balanced and noise cancelled. What do you think about it?
Honestly, the WS6 manual shows the programs are virtually the same except Tones, reactivity, & Silencer. Minor changes on the last 2 might get some depth difference, Tones is dependents on how you hear things and how it separates target sounds.
I have not tried program 2 but use a modified program 3. I get plenty of depth with my 9” coil.
Here are my settings.
Disc 6.8, full tones, offset 5, BC 5, Notch 00-00,
Silencer 2, Sens 95, Freq Max 40, Iron Vol 2, React 2.5, Audio 4. Pretty much wide open and screams on high conductors..

Have you tried what I mentioned?
I know that it shouldn't matter because the programs are so close, but........but if you don't try it you'll never know. Why would they make two programs so close unless one has some hidden features?
BTW, my program 3 is almost the same as yours.

To prove one program gets better depth over another is by the standard in your soil of making a test garden with different depths of the same
Coin. Not by using an air medium. No I did not test same way as you. I don’t think it is a true test of depth you want to expect out of your detector. You just might end up using a program that in the field does not really produce and walk over some nice finds. A huge mistake if you seriously seek the deepest program. IMHO

Unless you are detecting over smooth floor-like soil you are always testing targets over air. Grass, leaves and other material intervene to raise the coil.

I believe the Deus programs are primiarily written for the European market and are from their field testers. The U.S. has had its share and most are Utubers And have plenty of fodder on depth. No hidden secrets. If they found a secret to depth they would be making all others obsolete. They have found a way to make one of the lightest most efficient detectors of our times though.
You asked what the forum thought. I replied with no intentions of bashing your idea but giving my opinion. I think I presented the standard method to find the true depth of a machines capability. Don’t u just hate when people ask your opinion and then want to make excuses and argue with you. Sorry if you didn’t like my answer. Happy Hunting.

One mistake I made is to say that it was deeper. I should have said that the signal was stronger.
I’m thinking because of the signal being stronger you felt it presented more depth/better depth. In the manuals it covers things like that where you can adjust audio response etc. to bring out more sound on deeper targets. Probably what going too full tones did for you with the Sensitive program. But that really doesn’t give you an indication of true depth. There are many things that can fool you. Guys on here talk about them off and on. I too have been fooled. I get sprinkler heads that are identical to quarters but ther turn out to be 6” down yet sound like they are on the surface. I found a 1902 Barber half in a park that was only 2” down. It had been stabbed to death. I guessed by others that thought it was a sprinkler head, so didn’t dig it.
If you think you found the genie in the bottle, I hope it rewards you. My 30 some years experience thinks otherwise.

I’m thinking because of the signal being stronger you felt it presented more depth/better depth. In the manuals it covers things like that where you can adjust audio response etc. to bring out more sound on deeper targets. Probably what going too full tones did for you with the Sensitive program. But that really doesn’t give you an indication of true depth. There are many things that can fool you. Guys on here talk about them off and on. I too have been fooled. I get sprinkler heads that are identical to quarters but ther turn out to be 6” down yet sound like they are on the surface. I found a 1902 Barber half in a park that was only 2” down. It had been stabbed to death. I guessed by others that thought it was a sprinkler head, so didn’t dig it.
If you think you found the genie in the bottle, I hope it rewards you. My 30 some years experience thinks otherwise.
I like using Sensitive Full tones and lower your reactivity then lower your Audio response so you have modulated audio , that way soft high tones indicate depth and louder tones indicate shallow targets. I can still hit 8” deep silver dime in my test garden. HH Tony

One thing I like about the deus is that it is so easy to whip through programs.

Every piece of silver I have found with it was detectable with every program. Wondering if programs even matter for this machine in the areas I hunt.

I do need to adjust volume sensitivity. A 7" barber dime was such a quiet signal I almost missed it. A 5" Merc sounded like a surface coin.