Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity 30 - gain 20 ... my 2012 new e-trac skill

pocketspill

Trying to think of the biggest thing I learned about the E-trac this year and feel this is it.

Chatter is normal at sensitivity 30... you have to get used to it. It can cause signal fatigue and even headache for some.

But if you turn the audio-gain down, between 18-20, you will also make the chatter quieter. Deeper signals will also be "quieter" but still very clear and stand out from the chatter. Below 18 and you might start missing stuff...

I have found this to be very, very helpful in field hunting with the normal coil.

happy new year...

and GL/HH!

The further the Vol Gain is turned down the less the weak signal (chatter) is artificially amplified.

At level 1 there is zero volume adjustment to weak or strong signals - they are what they are. You would still hear the weak signal - it just isn't being amplified.

When you get up to about 13-17 you've given the weak signal enough of a boost to be clearly discernible and yet there remains differentiation between targets of differing signal strength. That's about where I'd want to be - kicked up a bit but not so much that weak signals sound like mod-strong signals - which is confusing.

The problem with Man 30 is the falsing on nails - I'd suggest backing it down incrementally until it subsides. If falsing is manageable at Man 30, then run at Man 30 - it is the deepest performer.

I'm gonna give this a try tomorrow in a field that I hunt. I usually keep my machine at around 24 on the sensitivity and have a higher gain on the volume, but I'll try it out.

I berried some morgan dollars in a jar about 3 feet deep last spring. I went out to the sight today where I knew they were. They only way I could get a good hit was with the sensitivity at 30.