Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity on the equinox

Joedaddy276

I usually run 20 in towns and in noisy dirt I have turned it down to 18 when it's to chatty.what do you all run and has anyone confirmed any depth with sense below 20 and real world digs? Thanks

Joe -- I run as hot as I can, one notch below where I begin to hear some noise/instability on the machine. As I am still in the "learning/gaining experience" stage with the unit, my goal has been to run the machine stable/quiet, so as to minimize having to deal with any extra noise. So, after a noise cancel (and ground balance if I choose), I then adjust the sensitivity up or down, as needed...I find the sensitivity level where I just begin to hear noise or chatter or ground feedback, and then back it off one notch. I have found that in most places, low 20s is where I end up...

I can't say yet, on depth, as I don't have quite enough time yet on the unit to say for sure...I need to continue to dig deep targets, before I feel that I can give a more definitive answer. I'd be glad to do a little more experimenting in my test garden for you (though that's only an "estimate" of real-world conditions, obviously), but my sense thus far -- from the test garden and from real-world finds, is that lowering sensitivity has less effect on reducing depth capability than one might at first think it would...

Steve

Joe, I ran it on 12 or 13 don't remember which one exactly. Dug 6/7" targets no worries. It was on accident but I did learn something. Lol, Tom

tometusns said:
Joe, I ran it on 12 or 13 don't remember which one exactly. Dug 6/7" targets no worries. It was on accident but I did learn something. Lol, Tom
Some of my best learning experiences were done by accident Tom :rolleyes:
Laplander

Wow 12,13 that's low with 6" digs that's great to hear! I sometimes have to run18 or so cause I swear it just seems super chatty in northwest al