Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity

Ron12

Just curious what others are able to run their sensitivity at
Right now I set up 50 tones , iron bias 2, response 4 and can run sensitivity at 21 max to stay stable
When I went into water dropped down to 18 on sensitivity
On CTX I can run as high as 26 to 27
Thanks Ron

The ctx and Equinox have different ranges of adjustment, with the numbers you are using are actually about the same percentage wise. Sensitivity is a site specific adjustment but your experiences are similar to mine.
Laplander

Hi Ron,
In the water Beach2 I usually run 20 sometimes slightly more before it gets chatty.
cheers

This will vary based on several things...your environment, your speed, + your experience with the detector.

I am able to hunt on the dry sand at sens 25. Wet sand is anywhere from 20-25 depending on what beach but averages 23. I wish I could overclock it (thinking of hacking it at some point). This is for beach modes 1/2

Ron,
My EQ is about the same as you...20-22ish.

But I usually can't run my CTX as high as you...maybe 24ish?

I usually hunt parks...typically with lots of EMI.
If the EMI is really bad, the CTX can only handls 18-19.

The EQ sens seems to be a more coarse adjustment...one number can make a bigger difference in stability.

Somehow I am able to run at 25 where I detect most of the time since I got the Equinox. But at other locations I had to run around 20.

GKMan said:
Somehow I am able to run at 25 where I detect most of the time since I got the Equinox. But at other locations I had to run around 20.

I agree Gary, I have also found switching between modes one and two will change the level of sensitivity that you can run, and that can change depending on the day.
Laplander

Hunting coins in urban settings, I can usually use 22-24. But varies from place to place. Have run into a few place that are so bad, maybe because of underground electrical cables, that I've left in disgust. Generally, I feel I can crank the Nox up closer to the top than I can with the Etrac, but of course, it may be apples to oranges