Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

seperating conductive targets

Neilo

I have watched the MLOTV showing how well the Etrac ignores ferrous targets. The swing speed no matter how fast picked up the non ferrous target, my question is if there are two or more non ferrous targets close together will you get seperate signals for each item. I know when I use the Explorer if I swing over a number of accepted non ferrous targets in one sweep I get a melody of mixed up tones.But if there is a non ferrous item which I have decided to discriminate out at the edge of the targets I want to accept. Because the Explorer has a slow recovery it blanks out the good targets as well. With the E trac will this do the same? I hope you can make sense out of what I am asking. Another way of saying it if there are three non ferrous items alongside each other say ABC. A is a ringpull, B is a coin, C is another ringpull. these are all 3inches apart. If I was using the Explorer which I have set to discriminate out the ringpulls and accept coins I would miss out on the coin because of its slow recovery rate.In the same set up is the Etrac recovery rate fast enough to get the coin. Thinking of buying one, but want to be sure it is that much better than the Explorer. Thanks Neilo

don't believe everything you see on videos.. mine fails that same test miserably,, I do think with the high trash setting in non ferrous trash the etrac can pick out the good targets and lock on better though... if your used to running patterns on the explorer you will probably like the etrac, but you can not out too much in the 12 ferrous range or you will knock out some good targets.. that is unless my machine is broken

Thanks Jim I see what you mean about not beleiving what you see on video. There is one comparing the Explorer with an Exterra 70 I own both of these machins and did an identical test today. In the video they claim the Exterra out performs the Explorer, In the test I did the Explorer out performed the Exterra easily. In the Etrac I gather they have speeded up the recovery, if they have would help the target seperation.This can be acheived also in the Explorer by reducing swing speed and running in fast mode.Then the question is, is it worth while getting one ? thanks seeya Neilo

I would still say YES. The separation on the ETrac, even with mine not getting targets deeper than 5 inches is producing finds that my SE's could not see. Granted, they are not very deep, but when ML fixes or replaces mine and it gets the depth of the other ETracs this thing will be an outright monster. It is easy to see where in dense trash, the ETrac will out perform an earlier model Explorer. Most targets that are still in the ground are there for one of three reasons. Either no one has swung a coil over them yet or they are deeper than metal detectors can reach or they are being masked by some type of trash or mineralization. The ETrac, with it's faster processor is an advantage in the last scenario, especially. And even in areas of low trash, you can still have a coin sitting next to or under trash masking the coin. Which is why I nearly never take any of my Explorers out of the fast setting. Please don't take my lack of depth results on my machine to heart as it very well may be one of only a scant few.

Jim upstate NY said:
don't believe everything you see on videos.. mine fails that same test miserably,, I do think with the high trash setting in non ferrous trash the etrac can pick out the good targets and lock on better though... if your used to running patterns on the explorer you will probably like the etrac, but you can not out too much in the 12 ferrous range or you will knock out some good targets.. that is unless my machine is broken

The videos are a true statement of the ETs ability when set up correctly.
I have now repeated the same sort of separation as I recorded in the video but in in field, both with small brass buttons next to rusty iron nails and a copper token next to a 3" rusty iron disc. Jim if you can't repeat what I demonstrated in the video then your machine sure can't be working the same as mine and many others, maybe you and Digit should be talking to your supplier if you can't get them to perform as they should, remember they are advertised as having See Through Technology so they should all be able to do what was seen in the video.