Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Serial Number

Hi folks, I am looking for the serial number on my Gold Bug SE. I need it for insurance purposes. I looked on the shaft, the control box and the manual that came with it, but I can't find the number. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ok,,i was thinking inside the unit........

No worries, if its not inside and in an obvious spot with the battery, I'll call them.

The serial number for my Fisher F75 was on the box. It was nowhere to be found on the unit. Hop this helps.

Mine is in the Battery compartment. You have probably found it by now!
HH

I have a G-2 and it has no serial number. I was told to keep my reciept in case the machine needed to be sent in. Sounds strange I hope you are not having the same problem with Fisher.

No Dwayne, you are not dumb.
I had to do a look-the-machine-from-top-to-bottom-3 times dance before finding the number inside the battery compartment.
Then I did another dance rummaging in the packaging until I came across a bit of info online: Fisher doesn't give Warranty cards, the original receipt is sufficient.
The next dance consisted of explaining to my insurance agent why I had a metal detector in my house, and that Fisher has nothing to do with fishing equipment.

Now the only dance I do is waltzing that 5" coil side to side. It is a happy dance!:detecting:

Thanks for the replies all. I have been so busy the past few days that I haven't checked yet! I have the receipt from the purchase, but will check the battery compartment. Its an expensive toy that if stolen or ends up burning in a house fire etc, I plan on having it replaced if that ever happens. My insurance policy will cover against theft, fire etc, but I need to document serial numbers and I am even going to the extent of photographing everything as further proof of ownership and I think all of this will end up in a safety deposit box. Does anyone else do this?

sounds like a good idea :clapping: i am pretty sure that my gold bug pro's number is on the box will have a look see!

yep white sticker with 6 or 7 numbers on box and same sticker in battery compartment up top toooooo cold to stay out there writing numbers down but it was the same sticker and going on what others have said that's got to be it little white sticker with black numbers only numbers no words.