Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

set up for illinois farm fields

vx3 man

hey everyone hit a old school house Saturday that's now a farm field. I found 3 early Wheaties a 10 14 22, also a few marbles n some wheats in the 30s. I was using the hi-pro with am65 disc80 n Rx10 wit the 6x10. I started out using the 5 filter but I think all the fertilizer over the years is doing something cause it was just going nuts.I then switched to the 12 filter and she calmed down a lot but still kinda iffy, I plan on going again this weekend should I use my 950 or stick with the eclipse? and is there any settings that could calm it down any in. Like maybe cherry pick at first or single freq? this is the first farm field I have hunted and its kinda kicking my butt.

Try Salt Soil Type next time out. That really works well for me.

Soil Type

If the soil is indeed loaded with salt after trying the salt soil you could try salt compensate. You will lose some depth but could increase disc sensitivity to get it back. I'd use the 9.5 coil.

Thanks for the info, you two have been lots of help. On the plus side the farmer is getting ready to plow the field if the rain holds off,I hope it brings some goods to the surface.

I want to know your results. Let us know.[attachment 261768 ani_einstein.gif]

well went back today n found a 1907 Indian n 2 more marbles ran disc 85 am65 salt compensate 12 filter for a while then switched to single freq 7.5. talked to the farmer today n he said that he was going to disc the field tomorrow so going back Saturday. I really hope he turns up some silver. The 9.5 seemed to run a lot better than the 6x10

You didn't mention your RX.

Unless there is EMI, try edging up the disc sensitivity a little. If it starts falsing back off.

You should be able to raise your all metal for deeper pinpointing depth. It will have not other effect unless you go to all metal or mixed mode.

Don't be afraid to do some fine tuning.

Ran RX at 10, zero EMI but all around were school sat is full of bits of iron n rusty bits old square nails n flat hand pounded nails. Farm soil is mostly blow sand n some black dirt but not much. The Indian I found was nice n green with little pitting, down 2 inches and the wheat's were all around the same, dug a old ax head at around 10 inches. The site is full of old stoneware pieces n bits of glass, found a old ponds milk-glass container. That farmer just needs to plow cause the corn stubble is hard to swing in. But I'm going to give it hell the next few weeks.