Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

setting coordinance

Raoul

Hi Andrew could you please tell me how to set my garmin etrex back to aus tralian coordinance as i'm sure that the google earth that i have on there now would be of,i would like to go to this abandoned millsite
WATEROUS
Latitude : 32 54 S Longitude : 115 59 E

Thanks for your help, Raoul

I'm not exactly sure what do you want to change and why?
Do you want to change position format or datum?
The co-ordinates (position) format that you set the receiver to use with Google Earth is in:
degrees minutes seconds.decimal seconds
The co-ordinates that you gave in your post appear to be
degrees minutes
so, you can use the same format as you have set now. Since your co-ordinates don't show anything smaller than a full minute, just enter zeros for the seconds.
If you want to change the datum than, it is important to know what datum your co-ordinates are in. Last time you set the datum (for Google) to WGS84. IS the datum you need now any different? What is it / how do you know? OK< datum is usually written right on the map. Is it your case?
If you want to change the datum, the selection is in the menu, right by the position format.

Andrew Kalinowski

Andrew thank you again,as the last time you have been a great help which is most appreciated.
No i have no map just what you saw in my post, so i will leave it as is and add the zeros for the seconds.
Thanks again Raoul

Because your co-ordinates are only with a minute resolution, don't expect that they will be "right on target". You will be lucky if they are accurate to within a mile or two...