Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Setting for Playground

Sundown08

Hi Everyone:

I am going to be Detecting at a park playground tomorrow. This is a sand filled playground. Any suggestions for the best setting. Park, Field or beach? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

I hunt tot lots with Park 1, so far it has worked for me.

just keep about 2 feet away from any metal poles and about 4 feet from anything more massive like slides, benches, etc.

Hi Everyone:

Thank you all for the suggestions. Heading to the park now. Still quiet there. Hope to get an hour in before it gets busy.

Thanks,

Steve

tot lots and volley ball courts, well pretty much any setting will work with the Nox.

Since Maxx revived this, I'll add another thought. put your detector in field 2 and turn your sensitivity WAAAAAY down. You are only trying to scan the top few inches of sand/mulch for fresh drops so you dont need all that power. That will let you get a little close to those metal obstructions too. Of course a 6" coil will get you the closest.

agree with Jason 100%. On some of my volley ball courts and tot lots they will have a very tough nylon tarp or something underneath the sand or bark to prevent things from growing (I guess). Tough to punch through this layer is tough even with a Lesche and don't think the parks people would approve. So a low sensitivity like Jason said is all you need. No need to locate coins deeper under this tough layer.