Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Setting the 3030 for three tone

lse450cc

I hunt mostly in the combined mode. So you have five tones. And I usually listen to my iron signals.that means I hunt open screen. No discrimination.
I have found out that I usually ignore some of my lower signal tones. Which makes me think I may be missing some good targets. Like gold ring's and low conductors.
So I have decided to make the 3030 into a three tone. So would not lose so much in concentration on five. I made a box for low conductors and a box for high conductors.
My first box is from 1 to 25. My next box is from 25 to 38. The last two boxes are 39 to 40. 39 to 40 is set at the same tone as 25 to 38.
This setup seems like I can pick out targets in trash better. what I mean it seems like I can separate my targets better.
Has anyone tried this before. And if you did were there any thing that you did not like.

don't forget that you can make the tone in each bin whatever sound that you want. for example, i have a bin in the 12-11 to 12-13 range for nickles and have the tone set higher than the tone of the iron range is so i can hear the difference. i have 5 tones for various areas on the 12 line and can pick out the different tones for whatever i am looking for in that range. i'm not sure that i'm making sense with this but i do hope you can catch my drift...

lse450cc said:
I hunt mostly in the combined mode. So you have five tones. And I usually listen to my iron signals.that means I hunt open screen. No discrimination.
I have found out that I usually ignore some of my lower signal tones. Which makes me think I may be missing some good targets. Like gold ring's and low conductors.
So I have decided to make the 3030 into a three tone. So would not lose so much in concentration on five. I made a box for low conductors and a box for high conductors.
My first box is from 1 to 25. My next box is from 25 to 48. The last two boxes are 48
to 49.49 to 50 is set at the same tone as 25 to 48.
This setup seems like I can pick out targets in trash better. what I mean it seems like I can separate my targets better.
Has anyone tried this before. And if you did were there any thing that you did not like.

I meant that the last two boxes were between 48 and 50. So there are just three tone. Sorry for the confusion