Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Setting up the CTX3030 for water and sea use

Good video with great tips. Already do some of things recommended. Never thought about colorizing the top of the coil for better visibility. Great idea! One way I get the battery seal ring out is to use a can of air that you can get at Office Depot. The stream of air brings it right out without having to pinch or pry it. The air is also useful for blowing loose sand and other debris out of this area and on other parts of the detector as well. Thanks for posting this informative video.

I use fluorescent yellow duck tape from walmart on top of my Excal coil. Why they make Excal coil covers yellow for visibility is beyond me; I hunt with the bottom side down.

This is wrong sorry to Say this but a 2500 dollars Maschine should just get in water without making all this!!!!!!!

Really liked everything in the video and I'll employ everything you suggest to make my 3030 waterproof except about putting the silicone grease on the threads of the connectors. Not long ago I put silicone grease on the threads of my Excal battery and the grease caused the battery terminal to work loose while I was in the surf; luckily, I caught it in time before water compromised the battery and detector. Silicone grease works great on seals, o-rings, etc but I will not put it on threads that need to remain tight.

Thanks.

I have not had any connector work loose yet but I will watch out for it.
My reasoning for putting grease on the threads is to stop the grains of sand entering the threads and causing the connector to lock.
I also have an excalibur with the dual 3030 sockets in top cap, one for headphones and the other for pinpoint.

MEV said:
This is wrong sorry to Say this but a 2500 dollars Maschine should just get in water without making all this!!!!!!!
I believe we are all on the same page. Mine leaked last week while on a trip to Florida, with the new seal. I did a lot of the same thing to insure It would not leak. But until a better fix is made we will have to do all the extras to insure no more leaks. For me right now I am worried to go back into the water. And I bought this machine to use in the water . I talked to robinb earlier about his video and he told me his ctx leaked 3 times and Minelab fixed it each time. But for me that does not help when your on vacation and your ctx is flooded.:veryangry:

Going back in first time after problem like this is alway a bit worrying but I think with the steps and checks in video now it will not leak and if worst thing a few drops somehow get in the foam adds a layer of protection.

If it was not such a great detector I would not be using it but it is so going to keep using it.

Sanderling said:
Good video with great tips. Already do some of things recommended. Never thought about colorizing the top of the coil for better visibility. Great idea! One way I get the battery seal ring out is to use a can of air that you can get at Office Depot. The stream of air brings it right out without having to pinch or pry it. The air is also useful for blowing loose sand and other debris out of this area and on other parts of the detector as well. Thanks for posting this informative video.

Great idea using the can of air! Thanks Mike