Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings for a gold necklace

kraykepler

I've been told about a lost gold necklace on a school field. What settings would you recommend that I use to maximize my chances of finding it? What should I notch out? Should I go with one particular frequency? I'm using a 600. Thanks in advance.

Depending on the size of the Gold necklace it could read any where from 1 and up to 20, at least that's what I have found.
Laplander

My 2 cents (wheaties?):
I'd also say Park 2 over Park 1. Depending on size and trash use the Gold Program if Park does not do it. How long its been there will have a big impact on finding it. The more recent the better, but if it was it by a mower it could be carried off in the clippings or reduced to nuggets. If it has been resodded ever it probably was carried off. Good luck, you never know until you try!

If a recent loss..... run min. Sensitivity because it could end up being an eyeball find if you grid it out.

This was a recent drop, a month ago. I have the 600 so no gold setting.
Should I go with the high or multi-frequency? Is it possible to notch out the high numbers?

I would definitely use multi and experiment with a similar chain to pick a mode best suited The 600 may not have a prospecting mode but it definitely has a GOLD mode . Your manual will give you step by step instructions on how to "notch out" any undesired targets in the discrimination section.
Good luck Ray
Laplander

I would hazard a guess that the gold chain has been found by someone who does not wish to make that information public.

kraykepler said:
This was a recent drop, a month ago. I have the 600 so no gold setting.
Should I go with the high or multi-frequency? Is it possible to notch out the high numbers?

If it was me I would hunt in park 2, in multi-iq, no discrimination, gold chains can be anywhere from 1-20, but most seem to come in under 10 from what I have seen. Your seem to be misunderstanding a little on the equinox too, the 2 missing freqs on the 600 (20 and 40 khz) are for gold nugget hunting, the 600 performs identical to the 800 in multi-iq and will find gold chains the same.