Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

setup nox600 for freshwater hunting

I usually use Park 1 (recommended in the manual for freshwater hunting). I ground balance in the wet sand and have sensitivity around 20 unless its too noisy.

Jeff

I usually use Park 1 (recommended in the manual for freshwater hunting). I ground balance in the wet sand and have sensitivity around 20 unless its too noisy.
Jeff

Interesting! Since I only Salt Water hunt [beach 1&2], I am totally ignorant of the other modes and their operation. I can usually run in 22-23 sensitivity.
So it poses an interesting question. Can beach 1 or 2 handle freshwater conditions better and allow for higher sensitivity?
Also in my testing of Beach 1&2 I found depth detection decreases were really noticeable starting at sensitivity 20.

Inquiring minds might want to know if Beach 1or2 running at sensitivity 23 or more could beat Park 1 running at 20 sensitivity. ?????

Personally, I use the mode that works best. I have used Park 1 at saltwater beaches and I have used Beach 1 in the middle of the AZ desert prospecting for gold and in areas in the Western USA where the ground has a lot of evaporated salt. Beach 1 and especially Beach 2 have two ground balance points for black sand/iron and salt along with other filtering which can make them a little less sensitive than the other modes. So, if I was at a freshwater beach/lake/stream looking for larger jewelry I would probably use Park or Field 1 and if I was looking for micro jewelry or gold nuggets I might use Park 2 or Field 2 or one of the Gold modes.

Here is a little quote from Steve Herschbach about the modes on the Equinox in terms of "hotness"

In order or "hotness" :
Hottest (more sensitive to small targets, hot ground/rocks, and saltwater)
1. Gold Modes
2. Park Mode 2 and Field Mode 2
3. Park Mode 1 and Field Mode 1
4. Beach Mode 1
5. Beach Mode 2
Least Hot (less sensitive to small targets, hot ground/rocks, and saltwater)

So, in fresh water it all depends on what I am looking for. Any of the modes will "work" in theory unlike at a saltwater beach/surf area where depending on salinity and black sand/volcanic sand..........Beach 2 may be the only choice.

In fresh water you don’t have the conductive salt to deal with.
So for fresh water you can just use normal land modes. Park 1,2 Field 1,2 Beach 1,2.
When I do fresh water I just stay in Park 1.
Doug

In fresh water you don’t have the conductive salt to deal with.
So for fresh water you can just use normal land modes. Park 1,2 Field 1,2 Beach 1,2.
When I do fresh water I just stay in Park 1.
Doug

Of course there is no debate of anything you say. What sensitivity are you able to use in Park 1?

Of course there is no debate of anything you say. What sensitivity are you able to use in Park 1?
That all depends how much mineral in the ground and area.
if it’s chattering lower it.
Doug

Here is a little quote from Steve Herschbach about the modes on the Equinox in terms of "hotness"

In order or "hotness" :
Hottest (more sensitive to small targets, hot ground/rocks, and saltwater)
1. Gold Modes
2. Park Mode 2 and Field Mode 2
3. Park Mode 1 and Field Mode 1
4. Beach Mode 1
5. Beach Mode 2
Least Hot (less sensitive to small targets, hot ground/rocks, and saltwater)

So, in fresh water it all depends on what I am looking for. Any of the modes will "work" in theory unlike at a saltwater beach/surf area where depending on salinity and black sand/volcanic sand..........Beach 2 may be the only choice.
Please excuse my ignorance... But who is Steve Herschbach...? Is he a engineer from Minelab..?? This is an honest question. I'll take all the intelligent advice I can get.

He is the owner and administrator at DetectorProspector.com. Long time consultant and field tester for Minelab and formerly Whites.