Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Setup recommendations for my next hunt...

lomoch

Trying to get out early tomorrow before Irene comes calling. Plan is to hunt a new place never hunted before. Layout will be as follows:

Old plantation house middle of field in field's highest elevation point.
Field slopes gradually down to a small lake to the North.
Field is rather tame, no tall grasses, etc.
Not sure about soil; but I suspect nothing to hot.
House was built in middle 1700's and had residence up to about 20 years ago.
I suspect ferrous laiden near house, both old and new.

Don't have much time with weather coming in and somewhat new to this hobby and machine. I've tinkered with TTF a few times but get the feeling Conductive Multi in mostly all metal mode might "tell" me more if I'm smart enough to handle its communications. I understand many have their own prefs on setup based on different thoughts and logistics, and thus why I post such. If you have a minute and can tell me how you'd setup for such logistics and why, I'd greatly appreciate the time and information.

Randy

Yes. I've become more interested in Coin hunting, but that's probably simply due to the fact that I've not found to many neat relics yet.

I think what I'm going to do to start out is hit the house area with the default Coin program, maybe run a few different params, but use this to cherry pic the main areas...and in time, come back to open things up a bit with TTF.

Love to hear recommendations, and thanks for replying Myownwings...

Randy

If after coins.

Suggest conductive multi for most part (fairly open pattern, e.g Andy S's coin pattern) and leave TTF for the heavy iron patches. Careful using TTF out in the open if targets are deep, you will miss deep coins as the FE numbers slide downward when coins are on the edge of detection range (you get a low tone).

Might want small, standard and large coils if you have them:

1. Small- for the dense iron and trash areas to help with seperation. (I love TTF in iron e.g around stables)

2. Standard & Large - coverage mostly, and good depth, when away from dense concentrations of iron and junk.

You're a lucky man to have a nice site like that, please post how you went.

Good luck