Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shallow water hunt with the Equinox 800

Waterdog

Thinking about taking the 800 for a water hunt, have they fixed know issues with the leaks ? Only going to take it wading and it is under warranty.

Thinking about taking the 800 for a water hunt, have they fixed know issues with the leaks ? Only going to take it wading and it is under warranty.
Under warranty - go for it! I haven't heard of or seen any postings of Equinox 600/800 broken coil ears or leaking control pods in a year or more. I did reinforce my coil ears:
a year or two ago and the ears are rock solid. I've owned my 800 since Feb. 2018 and had it completely submerged in fresh and salt water for dozens of hours every year since purchasing it and it has never leaked. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule or maybe Minelab secretly fixed the early problems rather than admit design problems. Who knows? Still, taking your 800 swimming could be a roll of the dice, but you have the warranty so not much to lose.

This Guy Is A Rocket Ship..... Gorilla 2 Tube For The Win... https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Heavy-GorillaWeld-Steel-2-Part/dp/B0762LB5VP?th=1 I couldn't find a follow up video where he shows those new ears at work.... But he's a busy guy... :thumbup:
The Gorilla product I used is “Heavy Duty GorillaWeld 2-Part Adhesive”, not “Steel Bond Epoxy” if that helps. The 2-Part Adhesive is good for ABS plastic which is what the coil and the plastic for reinforcing both are. I don't know how well the Steel Bond will work. JB Weld also make a product for bonding ABS.

The Gorilla product I used is “Heavy Duty GorillaWeld 2-Part Adhesive”, not “Steel Bond Epoxy” if that helps. The 2-Part Adhesive is good for ABS plastic which is what the coil and the plastic for reinforcing both are. I don't know how well the Steel Bond will work. JB Weld also make a product for bonding ABS.
Editing my post above…
I looked for a link for GorillaWeld 2-Part Adhesive so I could include it. Couldn't find one even on Gorilla's site 😥 It appears they've changed the name to Steel Bond as in Pest's link. I'll be having crow for supper! Specs are exactly the same so the Steel Bond version is the way to go. 😁 Gigmaster's glue test was super impressive.

I had the 800 one of my best detectors found lots of silver and some gold I epoxied my coil saver on the coil ears so I never had a problem buy some extra washers
For the coil. Mine never leaked but I never kept it underwater long enough .
Mark