Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Share V3 programs over the Phone.

Eagle 1

I Believe that a V3 share programs that you make. It can be transferred to someone over a cell phone or land line. I have not tyred this but the V3 allows you to transfer from one V3 to the other V3 with no wires. This is why I think this, if you lock your keys in the car and you have electronic locks. You could call home where your 2nd set maybe at and have someone press the button and send the signal over the phone. You would then put your phone near the lock and bingo your door will unlock. You can do this. White's should test this out or someone here could and let us know.

Eagle 1

Read this: http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

Jerry

I think the Wireless system used on the V is made by Cypress. I know it is not Bluetooth.

LOL :lmfao:

Understanding how things work goes a long way toward knowing if something will work or not before you even try it.

If the V3 transfered programs by audio frequency the phone thing "might" have a chance of working.
But it dont ... so it wont.

I just found out last night from Carl of White's that it can't be done. I ask him if he tryed it and he sead nope. He knows how the V3 works and that you can't do that. O well nice try enyway.

Eagle 1

Larry (IL) said:
I think the Wireless system used on the V is made by Cypress. I know it is not Bluetooth.
As I understand it, the wireless is Bluetooth. However, White's developed proprietary firmware that operates without the delays, etc.

Got this from a good source.

I got my info right from the horses...............mouth.............:rofl:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,922794,922887#msg-922887

Your position and Lowjiber's are not mutually exclusive. The chip is indeed an RFIC chip from Cypress, which is frequently used as a building block RF chip
for bluetooth applications. However, White's chose to not implement the bluetooth protocol stacks to avoid signal transport delays.

So, the chip is transmitting in the frequency spectrum allocated to bluetooth appliances, but it can't communicate with them because it doesn't "speak" in
the bluetooth protocol.