Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sharing an AWESOME upgrade for your Sov!

gfatizzi

Out of all the accessories I've ever bought for my Sov XS over the years, THIS was by far the best money spent and my favorite! It's a high capacity Lithium Ion battery pack and charger that delivers almost 5X the power of the original puny 700 mAh nicad pack that this detector originally came with. It is a whopping 3400 mAh pack complete with peak charger and even an adapter for other versions of the Sov that plugs right into the board for $50! I've always preferred the plug in packs on the original and XS versions of the Sovereign as they seem to keep a more positive secure connection to the battery. I don't think I've ever actually ran it down yet as it seems to last forever. It's available on that big online auction site... If you haven't tried this, do yourself a favor and you can thank me later! :)
HH, George Fatizzi

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 147
  • charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 144
  • adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 147
Out of all the accessories I've ever bought for my Sov XS over the years, THIS was by far the best money spent and my favorite! It's a high capacity Lithium Ion battery pack and charger that delivers almost 5X the power of the original puny 700 mAh nicad pack that this detector originally came with. It is a whopping 3400 mAh pack complete with peak charger and even an adapter for other versions of the Sov that plugs right into the board for $50! I've always preferred the plug in packs on the original and XS versions of the Sovereign as they seem to keep a more positive secure connection to the battery. I don't think I've ever actually ran it down yet as it seems to last forever. It's available on that big online auction site... If you haven't tried this, do yourself a favor and you can thank me later! :)
HH, George Fatizzi
Are they available for the GT ?

Are they available for the GT ?
Unfortunately I think there would have to be a modifications to the old battery packs on the Elites and GTs to work. If you have a rechargeable pack that is dead or an alkaline pack that you never use, you could theoretically gut it and modify it to work but if you're not comfortable doing things like that, I would advise against it. As it is, you have to slide the control box out of the casing to plug the adapter into the battery leads inside for the Xs2 or XS2 pro Sovs.

I'm thinking at this point.
I'll just upgrade the old packs when they finally quit
I'll use 3500-5000 mAh