Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shark attack!:stretcher:

Did they say Monday NIGHT. Duh! He looked like a seal or other food sharks feed on at NIGHT.

We dont get many seals over here...lol. I think if he didnt have to go to the hospital in an ambulance it wasnt really an attack...cause if one really got a hold of you they'd have to take you in seperate ambulances. I saw a small bull shark the other day off Lido but he just sailed right by like I was a nothing but a scallop. (shrug)

Most people freak out and make a mad dash for the shore,i know its hard but the best thing to do is stay still,or the buddy system of course,cut your buddy and swim like hell, fly over clearwater or any of the gulf beaches on any given clear day and there are sharks all among the people,most people are swimming or splashing when they get bitten,always bitten hardly ever eaten.He got attacked by a pinfish.

I got there just as they were bandaging up his foot monday night. Didn't seem as bad as the TV made it out to be, but a bite is a bite, no matter what. Still there were 6 hunters in the water that morning.

I was in the water by the pier till 7;00pm.I'm glad I got out when I did,it was real ruff then ,was looking for wedding band with a friend ,for couple from arzoina,did not find ring got beat from the waves.:yikes:

I'm just going to ask one question.............Has ANYONE ever heard of a mder getting attacked by a shark? It ain't gunna happen, cuz sharks don't like the field we are putting out. They are scared of it, but I have no proof, other than the fact I've seen them darting around in the surf, a few summers ago, chasing rays. I have hunted nights, evenings, mornings, EARLY MORNINGS, in the surf and no worries. Well, that is not exactly true.....Over the 3rd bar, sometimes the hair on the back of my neck kinda stands on end, LOL! I just kinda head back in slowly. Most attacks are swimmers, who are kicking and splashing. I AIN'T SKEERED, YOU SKEERED?

I had my detector on when a 8 foot tiger shark chase me out of the water,at 5th ave ,Naples Fl.in 1998. So keep thinking they don't like detector and you might get bitten .

I saw a shark study on Discovery or some such channel, they were determining if electromagnets could deter hammerhead shark attacks. The hammerheads swam right over their coils with no apparent affect.

I'm with you though, from the first time I hunted Stewart at night a few months ago, I'm hooked. There's nothing like not having to deal with the crowd & the heat.... nice and quiet.

by 4 or 5 small (3') sharks. Seems they were going after the flash of his new scoop. He said he practically walked on water to get away.

An H-100 will repel a shark to the point of stunning them. I think I will carry a few with me next time I'm in Florida so that if I see one, [size=x-large]BOOM!!!!!!![/size]

junklord3139 said:
I had my detector on when a 8 foot tiger shark chase me out of the water,at 5th ave ,Naples Fl.in 1998. So keep thinking they don't like detector and you might get bitten .

Tiger sharks are not scared of anything! :detecting::biteme::stretcher:

Saw a documentary some years back filmed by a respected American film maker.

He had a theory that sitting still was not the way to go.
He tested his theory by setting up a dummy dressed in wetsuit mask etc out a few metres from the shark cage.
A white rolled up and started circling the dummy. Cause the dummy presented no threat, it got closer and closer and then just grabbed it. He conducted this test a few times.
Then the next time he went out, he got out of the cage armed only with a pole about 5' long.
First one white rolled up, then two, then three all slowly circling, getting closer and closer. Then suddenly he lunged forward and jabbed the closest one which absolutely crapped itself. They all maintained a respectful distance after that, and if one did come a bit closer he would lunge out at it and put it back in its place.
His theory is that as long as you keep eye contact with the shark and react in a threatening manner if one gets too close then they are more likely to leave you alone. By keeping still you are presenting no threat and as such they might decide to have a nibble.
He only got back into the cage when the fifth white rolled up, just too many to keep an eye on.

Now you know why he is respected. He's certainly got mine.

Lou.

Have had a bull roll by, just kept on his merry way, this was during the day. Lord knows what has swim by me at night. About the only things I really worry about is the large blue crabs with bad attitudes, had more than once had blood drawn for samples from them. ( I do wear Shoes, just not high tops.) Also the stingrays can be pretty nasty. Was hunting one night and thought to myself sure looks like a diamond sparkle in the sand. (only one eye was showing) Swing loop over it to see if I could get it to swirl around, didn't move. Next time scrubbed the sand, surprise. So they don't run from the detectors.

LOL...Just remember not to damage your thousand dollar detector jabbing the shark with it...thats what your scoop is for. Scoop for sharks and cudas....detector coil for stingrays and crabs.