Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shooting all manual settings

tmanly

I often combine manual and auto settings. This is full manual photo of a flower.

Tom in SC

IMG_1543touch_zpsyl904vsg.jpg

Nice! Me too. Sometimes I use auto if I'm not sure but if you really want to control certain aspects of the shot then manual is the way to go if you know what you're looking for. Good point, thanks!

pictures in Manual Mode. The only time that I use Auto Mode is when I take pictures with my Canon SX10is bridge camera. I feel that Manual Mode gives me complete control and doubt if I would ever go back to one of the Auto Modes. Just my humble opinion. Kelley (Texas) :)

Interesting topic this one Tom.I'm a great lover of aperture priority and shoot most of my photos in this mode.However,i own a panasonic bridge camera that I purchased mainly for wildlife shots......it has a 600mm lens and constant 2.8 aperture......and have started to experiment with the intelligent auto setting.This is a very advanced form of auto and effectively turns the camera into a point and shoot machine.I never used to give these type of settings a second look as I used to regard them as "beginners" type settings,prefering to use manual or semi manual functions,but now I have changed my opinion.
After taking many photos of the same subject with both manual and IA settings i've come to the conclusion that image quality is very close between the two and in some cases better in the IA setting,depending on the subject.
Full manual control is ultimately the setting that will produce the goods,but it all depends on the skill and knowledge of the photographer using it.The IA setting uses advanced programming that has been put into the camera by extremely knowledgable technicians and does it's best to create as near to a perfect photo as it can in any given situation.....and in some cases it will do the better job,especially in situations when the light is good and it can select lower iso's and fast shutter speeds.
I'm not saying that this type of setting is better,far from it,manual or semi manual settings are the ultimate if you can get the most from them,but what I will say is that advanced auto settings have their place and and will often get you a shot that you would not get with manual settings.
I'll try and post some examples later on to show you what i'm waffling on about.

Happy days,
Neil.