Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short 2 hour hunt

TerryR

Had a couple hours to kill this morning so hit another "worked out park". First coin was a 1920 wheat, then a no date Buff nick, then a nice 1890 Full Liberty dime, then a 1907 V nick, then a coupe Indians. Throw in a old pin and twenty cents in clad and I think it was a good couple hour hunt. I go slowwwwwwww and only worked an area about 75'x75' so got a whole lot left to do. What a morning except the skeeters were terrible.

wow, that is a 2 hour hunt id take anytime! great job on finding the seated. :clapping:

I'm Jelly too. lol You are about the 5th person to mention slowwwwnesssss. I really have to try that. It's not easy to go slow.

Terry,

Congrats on the finds. Just curious, but how slow is "slowwwwwwww" for you (one swing one direction). For me its about 3 seconds. Wondering if I need to slow it down even more.

I think I usually do about a five second sweep and double check every thing that has the remote possibility of being good. I usually grid an area off then hit it at least two directions. If I've found older coins I will then hit it diagonal also. It drives the people I hunt with nuts but I usually get the good stuff and I feel it's getting harder to find the good stuff every year. Thirty years ago we used to find lots of silver but anymore if you get four to six coins a day that are good coins I'm happy. The E Trac is such a great machine but you just have to let it do its thing. Have fun hunting and keep cool.

Terry,

Thanks. Sounds like I need to slow down a bit more. The E-Trac is incredible. I was at a hunted-out older park last Saturday and found two Mecury dimes and a wheat cent in a fairly small area. None of the coins gave a good two-way signal, but were hitting 12-45 one-way. They were only 2-3 inches deep. I'd been to this park a couple of times before and only found a couple of wheat cents, but if figure that if there are wheat cents there then there are dimes also. I tend to use wheat cents as an indicator of what other types of coins might be in the area. Thanks again for your response.