Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt at the park gives up another IH penny.

Phil

Hadn't hunted long and the park guys started mowing the area I was in. I went across the road to get out of their way and was glad I did. Found this IH penny on the way back to the car. I'm going back to the park later after the mowing is finished.

65obv.jpg

65rev.jpg

An early one!!! Those are a lot harder to find than say an '07! Great find! Gotta love that smooooooth green! Blue Ribbon it!

Pat in On said:
Very nice find !!!! what Vdi# do IH's hit at ? I have never found one yet.

The IH's minted after 1864 sound about like zinc pennies. I think the VDI is low 50 to mid 50's and the early IH's (fatties) hit with a VDI in the high 20's or 30.

That is getting back there in the years Phil, great find.

Phil said:
...the early IH's (fatties) hit with a VDI in the high 20's or 30.

Great -- same range all the pulltabs read around here, which I've been ignoring. Do you know what the analyze screen looks like for a fattie?

The "Fatties" were stopped being made in the earlier part of '64 so.... the '65 have the higher range of VDI's. I want one!

Nice! How deep was it Phil? And to think Ive been doing myself a favor ignoring those zinc penny hits!

BHNugget said:
Nice! How deep was it Phil? And to think Ive been doing myself a favor ignoring those zinc penny hits!

The IH was about 6in deep. At this park the old coins I've dug have varied between 5 and 9in deep. The shallowest coin I've dug was this 2 cent piece. It's been shot in case you are wondering.lol

2centrev-1.jpg

2centobv-1.jpg

robertk said:
Great -- same range all the pulltabs read around here, which I've been ignoring. Do you know what the analyze screen looks like for a fattie?

Sorry I don't use the analyse screen every time.

What a bummer to hit a nice 2 center and find it "defaced". Still very cool. I hit a '65 IH early this year, too. So far, my oldest.

More to come, I'm sure, eh?

I bet the story ends: Ouch, ya got me!............:stretcher: