Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt today....

fwcrawford

It finally cooled down some and was cloudy enough for a short hunt today.. since scattered rain was in the forecast, I decided to try an old school that I have hunted quite a bit in the past since it was close by.
It is unusually dry here now and we need rain bad as I see others do too.
There is a terraced hillside overlooking a sports field at this school and I focused on it even though I have been over it many times.
I have only found two silver coins on this hillside, but figured there had to be more due to the difficulty in detecting along the slopes which is where I concentrated on today.
About an hour into the hunt I had found a few dimes and a couple pennies and was only digging the deeper signals.
I was working one of the slopes and got a nice loud signal reading 33-34-35 on my Equinox 800.
After checking it's location closer, I went at it from 90 degrees and got no response at all using disc mode.
I went at it again from the original position and again got a nice repeatable signal.
I could not get a response from the other angle, so I lifted my coil some and it seemed not be a large target, so I pinpointed it and dug down about 4" and found a 1950 quarter.
This was the only silver coins I found today, but it was a welcome surprise.
I rescanned the hole after removing the quarter while in all metal and got an iron grunt and a quick flash TID of 14 on the screen.
I did not dig down see what it was due to the dry ground.
I searched a little longer until the sun came out and called it quits after finding a few more quarters and dimes.
Thanks for looking!!

IMG_0378.JPG

You had a great day for such a short hunt!!
Maybe trying a different angle on that slope will reveal more silver. I’ll see what I can do to send you some rain your way. Drizzling rain for two weeks should do it 😂😂

Way to stick with the one way signal. I get worn out chasing the one ways and only getting junk but I know its only a matter of time…..

Good job on recovering the silver quarter.
We are at the point of needing rain bad here in my area of Tn. We are getting a little break temp wise for a few days. Mid 80's rather then mid to upper 90's.
The Nox is slowly growing on me, but I'm not ready to call it a game changer just yet. HH jim tn