Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt waiting on lunch group!

Explorer

Yesterday I had a lunch plan with some business associates that was delayed so I took the opportunity to go check out a sports complex. It is currently having some construction work done but the fields are not being used. I stopped in to check out the lay of the land. I was just going to walk around but since I had my detector in the truck I fired the V3i up and started swinging the coil. I was using the 5.3 with a pared back C&J program- Rx 4, AM 45, Dis 55. Less than 25 yards along one of the sidelines I get a hit in the +48 - +50 range a little chatter and thought probably aluminum slaw or a crusty penny. To my surprise I flipped up the end of the silver chain. I continued on my walk and not more than a yard or two away I got a hit in the +11 to +13 range. Expecting a piece of a pull tab but after the silver chain my mind said dig. To my surprise I flipped out the 18K emerald ring. I have never in all my years of hunting dug to fantastic finds in a row and not a single piece of trash. It was hard but It was time for me to head on I am planning to hit the area this weekend so I can go retrieve all the pull tabs and trash. :detecting:

Excellent hunt.................:drool:

Thanks! Some days things just click. I do wish I could have kept on going but I had commitments.

Howdy Explorer--

Excellent finds! I'll bet that you were walking on clouds when you went to that meeting.

The V3i is a powerful detector and it appears that you have discovered that at some sights and under certain ground conditions lower sensitivity settings are most effective. Good job! Now go get those pull-tabs :rofl:

Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Very nice. I really like the bracelet. Take a close look at the marking inside the ring. Do you see "GF"? The shank appears a bit ragged from reacting with the environment.
Regards & HH!

I had the ring checked out and although you could not make out a GF it turned out to be gold fill with a nice stone. It is not an emerald but they did not know what type of stone it was just that it was not glass. I still got a great find with the 925 bracelet.