Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short Hunt Yields a Rarely Seen Coin and Big Silver....

Gonehunting

I had about 1 1/2 hour to hunt this evening before it got dark.. Still hitting spots in Atoka that I haven't hunted before, which are few.. I gained permission on a street next to the one where I filmed the AT Pro hunt last Thursday..
Hate to post this one as the first find but this has got to be the neatest old US coin find I have had...lol since last December. When if first saw it and the sun hit it I thought cool and Indian Head but the size didn't look right. It's about the size of a dime. When I started brushing it off and I saw the United States I was like what the heck is this... I didn't know these existed... Front side says "United States of American 1904"
fFJZk.jpg

Back reads "Half Centavo"
zEfPk.jpg

For me this coin has to be one of the coolest looking coins I have seen, cept for the seateds, and the 2 cent'rs...
iCVNo.jpg

NzXv9.jpg

About 2 mins after that I saw this in the next hole.
NRwPN.jpg

It was only about 3 inches deep.. I was still in shock over the other coin, and it really didn't seep in I found a half..lol...
FEHBi.jpg

I also found a 51 rosy and only one wheat.. the yard had a lot of old home trash, like brass fittings and oil lamp pieces.. Hope you enjoy and Have a Merry Christmas and great 2013.. and if you are Mayan uh nevermind.. ::)

I think that coin is from the Philipines.

I found one of those about a year or so ago and didn't know what in the heck it was. It's pretty cool once you do a little research, but I had never even heard of it before. I thought "one centavo made in the USA" ???? I must be dreaming, lol

cool picture of that half in the hole

thanks guys... when I saw that eagle and shield and I thought the date said 1804 and I about flipped.. lol This is what I love about this hobby, you never know what people lost and what's waiting to be found...

Nice hunt, GH! Keep in mind that scrap brass sells for $1+ per pound and copper $2-3 per pound, depending on where you live. I sold $225 in scrap last month, and I don't really work hard at it, just toss it in the bag/pack. I just consider it a little savings account.

Very cool man. Very cool.

That is the thrill of the hunt, just like a box of chocolate, ya never know what your are going to get.

It is a strange coin. Centavo is definitely a Filipino term. What is the origin of this coin? I would be interested to find out. There's a bit of info on the net that may be worth pursuing.