Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short Morning Hunt

Rivermarine1

Got a day off and had a couple of hour away from home projects. Found one 1955 wheat and a bunch of clads,1-quarter 2-nickels, 6-dimes and 27 pennies and this token. Found it in a lot where an old store used to be. Previously I had found several chucky cheese, peter pipers and game tokens, but this is my first like this. Can anyone give me an idea of how old it is? I have been around while, but don't recall detergent at this price. Sorry, don't know why the pictures came out different sizes. Thanks and HH.

n/t

William Colgate started a candle and soap making company in New York City in 1806. By 1906, the company was making over 3,000 different soaps, perfumes and other products. In 1864, Caleb Johnson founded a soap company called B.J. Johnson Soap Co., in Milwaukee. In 1898, this company introduced a soap made of palm and olive oils, called Palmolive. It was so successful that that the B.J. Johnson Soap Co. changed their name to Palmolive in 1917. Another soap making company called the Peet Brothers Co. of Kansas City started in 1872. In 1927, Palmolive merged with them to became Palmolive Peet. In 1928, Palmolive Peet merged with Colgate to form Colgate-Palmolive-Peet. In 1953, the name was shortened to just Colgate-Palmolive. http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blsoap.htm Super Suds "beads of soap" was a dishwashing product first marketed on the radio by Colgate-Palmolive-Peet in 1931. Based on these bits of information, I'd say your token dates to the early 1930's. Like I said, I love finding old tokens. Congrats on finding yours. HH Randy

Great Palmolive token! In my opinion, there is nothing like finding a token, there is just so much history behind them. Congrats!

Mike

What a Great find.Congrats......

Thanks Randy. Is there a good source to use in indentify tokens, I have found some good areas to hunt and hope to find more.

and usually find some links that lead me to an identification. Not so much with "local" tokens. But information on National tokens is out there. HH Randy