Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short Roadtrip

hubbler

Took a short roadtrip with an old retired AF buddy and metal detected town parks and door knocked. Used both the etrac and CTX, but posting here for convenience. The bracelet is silver and turquoise...and not all there. The large tax token is from Colorado, the other is from Utah. Dimes are 1907, 1924, 1942 (x2). The V nickel is 1898, buffaloes are 1919, 1928, ND, ND. The wheats are 1909 to 1958. The conditions were extremely dry and plugs were non-existent--you dig it and it crumbled. After two part-days we quit the parks due to how it bad it looked. Hope this storm brewing helps some.

HH all,

Ron

Hey Dave, I'll be back out your way (actually in Nashville) for a few days in late May. It's a family trip this time, but hope to get out a time or two in the area while there. Hope it's not dry then...

Sooper Dave said:
Nice finds. It's fun to get away on a detecting trip from time to time. Shame it was so dry.

We've had a lot of rain over the last year. It's made digging nice. If you find some time to get out while you're here, send me a message maybe we can meet up.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Nice Finds Ron! Way to sniff out those old nickels.
Its always nice to get barber, Vs and Buffalos.
That silver necklace is a cool find.

- Dave

You did well on that trip! Those tax tokens seem to catch the worst corrosion, no matter where you find them!

Hoping to get a lot of rain here too things are getting a little parched....

Dave, Your advice was really helpful, thanks for sharing.

Ron

floodplaindetector said:
Nice Finds Ron! Way to sniff out those old nickels.
Its always nice to get barber, Vs and Buffalos.
That silver necklace is a cool find.

- Dave

Congratulations on the finds. I dug two of those Colorado tax tokens here. They were about 8 inches apart. I thought they were silver quarters. Thanks for the picture.

NebTrac