Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I buy a F75

grizzlymint

I can't make my mind up on whether to purchase a F75 or not. At the moment I'm using a Whites 6000 pro xl. I have two of the pro xl's. I mostly hunt with the machine in all metal mode and I feel like I get descent depth out of it. Do I have anything to gain by upgrading to a F75? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Not knowing the depth you get with your current detectors???/. The Whites have proven to be a very good performers over the years..You would gain some speed on the recovery..

The F75 series has lightening reset and virtually little to no nulling. .. so you might enhance your finds by hitting some coins you now miss....... You would be able to hunt higher grass and stubble areas with the boost modes too........

One other thing..The Fisher will not lose depth in discrimination. So you can take out a lot of the iron hits associated with running all metal..yet still get higher end items ...

Since Elton runs the show here he has to keep a tone as not to offend any other manufacturer & sometimes has been know to wear a whistle when a couple of guys get in an argument. I have to add to what Elton said but with both barrels. The F75, hands down, is the best detector I have ever used. It is lightning fast on the response, light and deep. Like Elton, and not wanting to trash other units out there, you will simply be amazed at the overall performance of this unit (or really any of the "F" series detectors)...

Thank you for the replies. It was not my intent to disrespect any manufacturers detectors. My two XL pros have been excellent machines. I was just curious if I was leaving something on the table by using a analog machine. I only relic hunt and I am looking at adding another detector to my collection. What kind of depth is the F75 producing on bullets and buttons?

F-75 is a great machine. It' loves lead and copper. My soil is 2, sometimes 3 bars on the 75's - fe203 meter...I get a clad dime at 8 inches in the garden.
I've had a 75 since it came out...then went and got a 75se recently...still have the old 75, ...so I like them very much.

My son pulled a 58 cal gardner CW bullet with his F75 @ 11 measured inches last year. He has been using it for a few years now, so he is very tuned in to it. Took him a bit to become proficient with it, but when he did....wow...amazes me with the stuff he finds and at decent depth when the ground conditions are favorable. I wanted in on the action and so I bought my own F75...but he still whoops me...I'm still learning mine! If I could only have one machine...the F75 would be it!

LittleJohn

Just my 2cents worth. I have been into this great hobby for more than 40yrs! Hobby-(obsession ) at times ok more often than not!!! I have had the privilege. Of using most every major manufacturers. Top of the line machines some mine some belonging to hunting partners. I can honestly say with every machine I have gone to the same parks the same farm fields the same grassy lots ball fields etc. Because of the chance one might have an edge over the last! Now I can safely say that in the parks that have been pounder by hundreds of detectorists. Some with names in the industry!!! And farm fields ( not fair to say due to yearly plowing and frost heaves). That i soley run the fisher f75 ltd. Because I'm amazed how it produces in pounder areas ( in trash and iron). I will never tell a fella how to spend his money but seems to me. If you got 2 of those fine sweet home units you might consider trading one toward an f series machine either way you still have a back up. What have you got to loose. These machines have proven themselves ps my backup is a beauty of a t2se. Have a great 2014 hunting season. HH. C t had to add almost forgot. The f75 is brilliant no doubt but in thinking relics. I have found musket balls an:cheers:d some pewter revi. war. Buttons a bit deeper with the t2se 11-13in range. But in the park persay. (coins jewelry). F75!!!! Just a bit more food for thought HH my final thought always look for the guy with the deus and follow behind him surely you will find plenty of good things he missed!!!!!!!! OK my attempt at humor please no whistles or flags poking fun at my friend Dean who just gave up his vx3 for the forementioned. Machine. HAHAHAHAHAHA. :surrender:

grizzlymint said:
Thank you for the replies. It was not my intent to disrespect any manufacturers detectors. My two XL pros have been excellent machines. I was just curious if I was leaving something on the table by using a analog machine. I only relic hunt and I am looking at adding another detector to my collection. What kind of depth is the F75 producing on bullets and buttons?

I currently use the F75 SE and it's a great machine. Like the others have said it will nail bullets at around a foot and I've gotten coat buttons as deep as 9-10" and cuff buttons around 6-7". It's very good on target separation in iron-infested areas as well. I'd say the downside of the machine is that it can chatter if you're near power lines, but I think most machines do that anyway. I have found that it is very stable and quiet in the All-metal mode almost always.

Jeff

grizzlymint said:

I think you will be leaving tonal quality of the XLs"on the table" but if you're hunting relics vs coins that probably isn't much of factor. Compared to analog and a few other high end detectors the tones on the 75 leave much to be desired. The amount of tonal adjustment on the 75 doesn't provide a sweet spot for my ears as it does on other detectors so I find I use it primarily in 2f.

Hmmmm I believe Richard at backwoods might have one Richard is a good guy and a forum sponsored. HH c t