Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I dare say " Cazador" ?

reddirtfisher

:cool: I hesitate even asking about this but I am curious to find out how many of you guys on this forum are still patiently waiting on the Cazador?:unsure: How many are giving up and moving on? :nopity: I don't want to start a long string of bad comments.:rolleyes: Just please tell me why or why not you are waiting because it may help me make up my mind about this:stars: Thank you. RDF:cool::detecting::tesoro:

Now not knocking any new machine Tesoro is going to be putting out but if your looking into a new Tesoro they have many already out that do quite well,I'm very satisfied with what I have got and absolutely see no need for anything else.I'm the type of person that believes if it ain't broke don't fix it and that also goes for my machines,if ain't causing no issues,then why replace it with a new one.

All threads like this does is fires people up, and tends to go negative in a hurry.

When Tesoro has it ready..They will release it. End of the story for now..

I've lost interest in it and the thought of getting any new machine . What I have now is fine .What I really need is more spare time and some new promising locations .

Fisher just stated that their new F 19 detector will be out at the end of June. Also, Bounty Hunter is putting out three new detector and they will be out by June 30th. Wish that Tesoro would be like the others and communicate more with their customers. Why not post a release date?? Not only that but both of these companies have posted photos and spec sheets on the yet to be released models!! We don't even know if the Cazador is a beep and dig or a target id model. If it's beep and dig..........I'm moving on. Don't need another one of those. A new updated Tesoro target id unit is way overdue, and that is why I'm waiting .. Just one man's opinion.

I'm with Elton on this, I doubt when it comes out that anyone will need to ask about it, it will be BIG news right here.
The only thing asking can get right now is a bunch of speculation that keeps stirring the pot, Its good to know that Tesoro is working on a new model, but playing the waiting game could be tuff. Getting a new model out on the market first means that the design has to be factory developed at best in Prototype for factory testing, then the seemingly working Prototype would be developed into a distribution form and from those a few would be sent out to field testers for feedback.
I would doubt that Tesoro would announce the release of just a prototype, there may be some leaks from some field testing of a new model.

Next thing I feel pretty certain about is that the new model isn't going to make ALL other Tesoro models obsolete!! it may replace a certain long run unit, it may fill a gap in its current models. So, I would say if you have the best suited current Tesoro model available then just keep using it and when they put a new model out on the market see where it falls in the model line, if it better suits your needs then buy it, if not then just keep using what your using (the next model out may not be what you want or need).

Mark

A couple of professional pot stirrers with nothing better to do.:rolleyes: Maybe they should go over to one of the other detector forums and whine and cry about them not having a lifetime warranty like Tesoro has. :rofl: I'm convinced that in most situations I don't want a screen to talk me out of digging. I used some of my other brand detectors yesterday in the 'simple test' and none of them gave a correct ID on the quarter. NONE! Right now the best detectors out to find the good stuff is Tesoro. The more I learn about detecting the more I appreciate how well Tesoro detectors work.:thumbup:

tabman

tabman said:
A couple of professional pot stirrers with nothing better to do.:rolleyes: Maybe they should go over to one of the other detector forums and whine and cry about them not having a lifetime warranty like Tesoro has. :rofl: I'm convinced that in most situations I don't want a screen to talk me out of digging. I used some of my other brand detectors yesterday in the 'simple test' and none of them gave a correct ID on the quarter. NONE! Right now the best detectors out to find the good stuff is Tesoro. The more I learn about detecting the more I appreciate how well Tesoro detectors work.:thumbup:

tabman

So those would be the Fisher F-75 ,the Teknetics G2 and the AT Pro that failed "the simple" test ?

Ivan said:
Fisher just stated that their new F 19 detector will be out at the end of June. Also, Bounty Hunter is putting out three new detector and they will be out by June 30th. Wish that Tesoro would be like the others and communicate more with their customers. Why not post a release date?? Not only that but both of these companies have posted photos and spec sheets on the yet to be released models!! We don't even know if the Cazador is a beep and dig or a target id model. If it's beep and dig..........I'm moving on. Don't need another one of those. A new updated Tesoro target id unit is way overdue, and that is why I'm waiting .. Just one man's opinion.

Yes, but Fisher, Teknetics, and Bounty Hunter are ALL built in the same factory, they all are First Texas products. So, that helps a little to be able to do some spin-offs from one upgraded model to others. Tesoro don't look to have that option.
I would suggest just keeping what you have and wait until Tesoro puts out an official release or a release date. To Just give up on a company like Tesoro because they don't put out a new model when I want, is a bit unrealistic. But, its an open market and its your money and I would not expect you to spend it where you don't choose to.

Mark

I am waiting, I have enough detectors to use, I want quality and I know I will get that with Tesoro and they don't just throw things out there without thourough testing and quality checks. I will use what I have and wait

dirt doctor said:
tabman said:

tabman

So those would be the Fisher F-75 ,the Teknetics G2 and the AT Pro that failed "the simple" test ?

Two of those 3 you mentioned placed with flying colors

Of those 3, the G2 did the best sounding off on the quarter and a close second was the F-75. The AT Pro flopped. NONE of the three gave a correct ID.

tabman

Unless a person has used all of the existing Tesoro machines at one time or another, isn't there already a "new" model waiting for you to try?

I'm enjoying my Deleon right now, so I don't give the Cazador much thought these days. When it finally shows up I will see what it's all about, read the reviews and make the decision. Owning the Outlaw (briefly) has taught me not to just buy a machine because it's new and it's a Tesoro. Sorry guys, but I found the Outlaw to be the least impressive Tesoro that I have owned.

dirt doctor said:
I've lost interest in it and the thought of getting any new machine . What I have now is fine .What I really need is more spare time and some new promising locations .

X2 very good response

im with the others that say their fine with what they have. tesoro's lifetime warranty means they must totally make sure what their going to put out has to be good. cant have it screwing up a few years down the road. a failed product has put many smaller companies out of business. then where will we all be then? i got the vaquero back in april and am very pleased with it. i have no need to buy another detector now. just because a new model is out. if and when i want to upgrade. i'll check out the cazador. but, the tejon and vaquero have been around for a good while. tried and tested is more what i like. so, i will probably get the tejon.

:cool: I want to say thanks to all of you who gave me an honest answer to my question. It helped me make up my mind for now. That's all I wanted. Did you guys notice that I did not say one negative word about Tesoro or their products? I did not post this to "stir up the pot" or "fire people up". It seems to me that if you complain about the "complainers" that makes you a complainer too :lol: Forums are for sharing thoughts, opinions, ideas, finds, and advise. I don't post much any more because there are some really sensitive people on here who just can take it :blowup: It's always been a great forum and I have enjoyed it over the years but I hate having to be so careful with everything I say. I really like Tesoro and their products. That's why I am here. Happy Hunting and Good Luck , RDF:detecting:

I can wait, and then maybe a year or two after it is released. Right now I have all my bases covered with three great proven Tesoro machines. Honestly, I somehow think my next Tesoro is gonna be a Deleon.

I ran into a friend detecting this weekend. He has an AT Pro and I had my new Tejon. We had swapped detectors once before for about 45 minutes. That time he took my Silver. To make a long story short, this time he used my Tejon. He is ordering a Tejon this week, but I am not even thinking about ordering an AT Pro. I will keep using what I have and patiently wait. What I have now works GREAT!

We're all looking forward to it, whenever it happens. Sounds like a machine they're designing from the ground up. Can't wait to see what it looks like and how it performs.

I can be more patient. I'm with the group that needs more time out with what we already have.
BB