Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should this be a concern to Dues 2 owners

buckeeeee

I took these from the manual, just some things to think about. What if you don't sync with the Deus 2 looks like if you sell it the warranty is not transferable? That could be a game changer for those who don't have $1600 to throw around, any thoughts or comments?

This warranty does not cover :
• Breakage caused by falls, impacts or accidental damage
• Damage caused by abnormal use or resulting from non-compliance with the conditions of use stipulated in the device’s instructions.
• Using without coil cover, or using defective coil cover.
• Alteration of the electronic circuit by any unauthorized person.
Corrosion of electronic circuits, due to water ingress.
A reduction in battery life due to battery ageing. • Breakage of cables or wires.

Spare parts are not covered by the 5 year warranty:
Coil covers, earphones, coil bolts and fittings, foams and hip mounts. Parts must be replaced in case of wear and tear, in such a way to avoid damaging the device.
• Batteries, chargers and connectors carry a two-year warranty
In the event of any fault or malfunction please contact your XP dealer for advice. Any part needing to be returned to the dealer or the distributor must be accompanied by a note explaining the fault. Carriage/ shipping costs are the customer’s responsibility. Proof of Purchase is required to make a claim under this warranty. If a faulty device has been replaced by a new or reconditioned one, the warranty will continue from the original purchase date.

In addition, 5 year warranty from date of purchase by the initial purchaser.

I guess it is a valid point, but for it to be a valid CONCERN, one would have to know what XP’s failure rate has been over the last 20+ years. Anyone have insight into this?

I took these from the manual, just some things to think about. What if you don't sync with the Deus 2 looks like if you sell it the warranty is not transferable? That could be a game changer for those who don't have $1600 to throw around, any thoughts or comments?

• Damage caused by abnormal use or resulting from non-compliance with the conditions of use stipulated in the device’s instructions.
A reduction in battery life due to battery ageing. • Breakage of cables or wires.

Coil covers, earphones, coil bolts and fittings, foams and hip mounts. Parts must be replaced in case of wear and tear, in such a way to avoid damaging the device.
In the event of any fault or malfunction please contact your XP dealer for advice. Any part needing to be returned to the dealer or the distributor must be accompanied by a note explaining the fault. Carriage/ shipping costs are the customer’s responsibility. Proof of Purchase is required to make a claim under this warranty. If a faulty device has been replaced by a new or reconditioned one, the warranty will continue from the original purchase date.

I definitely would like the option to use commercial batteries. Unfortunately, XP chose to not give us that option.

If the warranty is not transferable, it'll hurt resale value. No one wants to be stuck with an expensive paperweight after something goes wrong.

This is minor...but a depth indicator for coin sized objects would've been a nice feature for coinshooters. No, it's not a huge deal, but....

I'm still on the fence in regard to purchasing this machine. Definitely not in a hurry to pull the trigger. There are a lot of relic hunting and diving videos...but few coinshooting/silver coin hunting videos. I expect we'll see more as the Deuss II becomes more available in the U.S.

I like what I've heard about the excellent build quality. Nobody wants to buy a brand new, flimsy detector and then have to purchase a new shaft, arm rest, etc.

Overall, I'm impressed by what I've seen and read.

The tea drinkers won’t be messing with this machine 😂😂

What detector has a better warranty?

I have over 140 detectors, 99% work,never used a warranty on any of them. Own 2 Deus’s,first one had the 1.2 version on it,came with a 220 charger,had to get a step up and down converter to charge it. Sent the first one to XP for repair, came back like new for under $100 after using it for 4 years. So to me warranty is no big deal.

To be honest I missed the fact that the batteries only had a 2 year warranty. Can the battery on this waterproof controller be replaced?

The Deus1 only have a 2 year warranty on the batteries
My concern is can it be replaced without having to get another controller?

My concern is can it be replaced without having to get another controller?
I don’t think XP would market a detector that couldn’t replace the battery. I’ve changed the battery on my controller, no problem, but on the Deus II being water proof I would send mine in to be done. On the Deus 1 I would send coils in for new battery but not the headphone or controller, that could be done at home.

My understanding is that the warranty is transferable. According to the XP website, the warranty follows the serial number of the unit. "In addition, 5 year warranty from date of purchase by the initial purchaser." seems to state that the warranty starts with the original purchase.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.09.33 PM.png

My understanding is that the warranty is transferable. According to the XP website, the warranty follows the serial number of the unit. "In addition, 5 year warranty from date of purchase by the initial purchaser." seems to state that the warranty starts with the original purchase.

View attachment 22654
I saw this in the link below on page 49, in the first paragraph and it said initial purchaser

5 Year Warranty starts on the date of purchase by the initial purchaser. Says nothing about transferability. The Civil Code below pertains to France. My bet is on the warranty info on the XP Americas site.

View attachment 22656
I totally agree with you about the US site.
My question now is this, I see XP Deus, but does this also include the Deus 2?

I totally agree with you about the US site.
My question now is this, I see XP Deus, but does this also include the Deus 2?
I would think so, but I'm not an attorney. Never played one on TV either! Just the way I interpret it. Might have to contact XP to get clarification.

the ws4 were not coverd when the arm broke on D1 ,, i had to pay for a new arm so the d2 maybe the same

I don’t remember how many years I’ve had my xp deus detector but in that time I’ve never had a problem arise so I will be purchasing one as soon as the shipping improves