Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Show your SOV pride!

gfatizzi

Awfully quiet around here and it's been a month since any activity so what gives? Is everyone out hunting with their faithful Sovs? I sure hope so...I thought it would be fun to post pics of our current Sov set ups, especially the modified ones. I'll start with a couple pics of my beloved XS with Ron's 180 meter, NEL 5X9 Sharpshooter coil and remote all metal switch mounted on an Anderson 2-piece carbon fiber travel rod. Love this set-up and use it regularly. Also have a NEL 13X12 Thunder coil which goes DEEEEEP but the 5X9 detects as deep as I like to dig on a regular basis.
So C'mon Guys! Show 'em off! :) HH , George

Attachments

• PXL_20230731_160523128~2 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230731_160523128~2 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20230731_160811700~2 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230731_160811700~2 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
Nice setup George! I miss those sovereign tones and nuances. I wish Minelab would produce a lightweight Sovereign in the same housing as the Equinox / Manticore.

I had the Sovereign GT, with the Sunray DTI II 180 meter along with the stock and 8” tornado coils.

Nice setup George! I miss those sovereign tones and nuances. I wish Minelab would produce a lightweight Sovereign in the same housing as the Equinox / Manticore.

I had the Sovereign GT, with the Sunray DTI II 180 meter along with the stock and 8” tornado coils.
What do think of those could ?

I thought you were over the Sovereign? 🤭🤭

Nice setup you have there.
When I had my Sovereign I preferred the Shaft like you have over the straight shaft which most others preferred.
I agree. To me, the S shaft felt much more comfortable and provided me with more leverage. I do sure miss the Sov GT but it’s time for me to move forward.

Darn autowreker.
What do you think of those coils for the Sovereign ?
Oh I see. I loved the 8” tornado 🌪️ coil. That sucker went deep and worked wonders in iron. It was my main coil and rarely ever came off.

Oh I see. I loved the 8” tornado 🌪️ coil. That sucker went deep and worked wonders in iron. It was my main coil and rarely ever came off.
I'm liking that 13" Ultimate coil for open area's.
Haven't used the Coiltek or Nel Snake much.
Actually I have less than 20 hrs on this new machine. Bought it new for my Daddeo up in Alaska. He tried it twice. Passed before he could learn it. And I'm still recovering from being layed up over 3 yrs.

These two were in the box little brother sent down to me. Haven't tried them yet.
Is that concentric any good ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230801_201259.jpg
    IMG_20230801_201259.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 70
These two were in the box little brother sent down to me. Haven't tried them yet.
Is that concentric any good ?
I tried that concentric Detech and didn’t care much for it. Not much depth and poor coverage. The Tornado 1000 is super if the ground is relatively clean. If it’s trashy or considerable amounts of iron, that coil will fail miserably. Too much masking takes place and you won’t even know it.

I tried that concentric Detech and didn’t care much for it. Not much depth and poor coverage. The Tornado 1000 is super if the ground is relatively clean. If it’s trashy or considerable amounts of iron, that coil will fail miserably. Too much masking takes place and you won’t even know it.
Thanks Jimmy.
Noticed that on the factory coil.
Was there any area the concentric worked ?
Forgot I had those two.
Why I picked up the Joey coil and trying the Snake.
To work in trash. Which I have an abundance of.

One thing I've noticed. When it's in the null it will still hit loud and clear on good targets. Is that unique to the GT ?
I am a bit frustrated with the emi at a special area I'm picking on. WiFi and cell extenders near by.
Make it completely un usable.
Does great under power lines so far.

Thanks Jimmy.
Noticed that on the factory coil.
Was there any area the concentric worked ?
Forgot I had those two.
Why I picked up the Joey coil and trying the Snake.
To work in trash. Which I have an abundance of.

One thing I've noticed. When it's in the null it will still hit loud and clear on good targets. Is that unique to the GT ?
I am a bit frustrated with the emi at a special area I'm picking on. WiFi and cell extenders near by.
Make it completely un usable.
Does great under power lines so far.
The Detech concentric coil I felt was a time waster - no depth and very little coverage.
Yep, I have encountered nulling and finding silver at the same time. Although I’m not sure if it’s unique to just the GT model.
As far as EMI, I had issues with that too. Sometimes switching bands helped other times it did nothing. Try going a different time of the day and see if that helps.

The Detech concentric coil I felt was a time waster - no depth and very little coverage.
Yep, I have encountered nulling and finding silver at the same time. Although I’m not sure if it’s unique to just the GT model.
As far as EMI, I had issues with that too. Sometimes switching bands helped other times it did nothing. Try going a different time of the day and see if that helps.
Thanks Jimmy.
So that Tornado is best in your book ?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure others here would as well.