Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sidetracked by Shingles

fongu

Got diagnosed yesterday with the shingles and it is a very painful condition in our heat in Georgia and it is in the worst place possible and starting to have a few sores come up my back and down one leg. Completely covers my right hip and groin area and no metal detecting for awhile for me. Once it runs its course, hope to get out and do some dirt fishing at the river since they let the water level down this year. Thought it was last year, but lost a year somehow and the man at the power company thought I had lost something else. good luck and happy hunting to all our members.

"OUCH!".......Having treated several pt.'s where I work for shingles, I can validate that shingles are VERY painful indeed. Good luck with your recovery, and hope it's a quick one. :)

I feel for you brother.. I had them 3 years ago... some of the worse pain that I've had. I hope you get relief and heal soon...

It's just a matter of time and I can deal with the pain better than not being able to get out and do what I want to do. Probably another 2-3 weeks and it will be a thing of the past. I rented a storage container to get all my stuff out of my house for remodeling and it's just setting there until I feel like loading it up. Looking forward to feeling better and doing some detecting and getting my little house done.

Fongu -

Hope and pray you heal up quickly so you can get back into detecting. When you mention "little house" how little is little? My house is the size of most people's garages :rofl: and I love my little house. Easy to heat, easy to cool and low maintenance.

it's about 600 sq feet, more or less. Hope to do a complete remodel by 1st of the year and it will probable outlast me. Built in 1954 and I hope to put in new windows, doors, drywall and insulation and central heat/ac for comfort. I plan to hire the people I need for things I can't do and hope my church family can do quite a bit. My preacher has already offered to help me and as soon as I get over this distraction of shingles, will see if I can line everything up the way I want it.

Do you live next door to me? I'm right there with ya at a whopping 672 Sq ft built in 1943'. :rofl: I know I need insulation in the walls as they are ice cold to the touch. I put in new windows about 14 years ago so I am all set there. Depending on the type of Winter,(leaving it at 66 degrees) I can get by on one tank of oil (275) and sometimes its a tank and a half.

Hope you are feeling better.

fongu said:
it's about 600 sq feet, more or less. Hope to do a complete remodel by 1st of the year and it will probable outlast me. Built in 1954 and I hope to put in new windows, doors, drywall and insulation and central heat/ac for comfort. I plan to hire the people I need for things I can't do and hope my church family can do quite a bit. My preacher has already offered to help me and as soon as I get over this distraction of shingles, will see if I can line everything up the way I want it.