Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Sigh"...Looking for silver, another stupid gold and diamond ring gets in the way!

REVIER

Wrote up this thing this morning, went to a favorite park because it is huge and close to me to look for more gold jewelry.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,2082178

I mounted the sniper coil on the F70 and went slow as possible in a well hunted, (by me) area and just dug solid and good targets.
Found clad I had missed in the past, a small silver ring, then 3 wheaties which was unusual, so then I started looking and hoping for more wheaties but found my first silver coin from this park instead...a target that I have been looking for since I started hunting this park in 2012.

Today I went back to the same area to continue to look for more silver coins and found no wheaties, no silver coins, just another fricken 10k white gold and diamond ring.

Some days you just can't catch a break!

I am gonna have to have a little talk with my F70 soon.
One of us is falling down in the goal setting department...or at least the goal setting vs. actual results department.
Don't know where we went so off track but one of us needs to tighten up, get it together and make an effort to get on the same page.

Just kidding of course...thrilled to have found my third gold target for this year, especially since I am not actively looking for that elusive metal like in seasons past.

7.5 grams of white 10k gold, missing a diamond so it goes in the ARA pile for melt.

A solid 34-34-34 on the F70, similar to a weird pull tab I had to dig all day that came in between 31 and 34 also, but most of those jumped between 2 numbers or so which I consider stable on the over sensitive F series detectors.
This thing never wavered, and well within my criteria to dig all solid signals no matter where they come in.
Once again totally surprised by gold...love those kind of surprises!
Glad I have that rule, glad I followed it and dug this signal today.

Congratulations on that find. I found one almost identical to yours three months or so ago at the beach. I was having a day of very poor results when it came out of the dry sand. I love finding a silver coin in the dirt but Gold is always a Thrill.

Over sensitive???????????OVER SENSATIVE???????????????:rofl: You know we wouldn't have it any other way-----Nice find Rev.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: It's too cool to be in the zone with the 70. I know what you mean by the slow swing. I've been working on the same thing only with the elliptical with slow speed, 60's sensitivity, 4h tones, 4 discrimination, 0 to -2 threshold depending on the trash and emi. A new animal is in the works but I haven't tamed it completely as of yet. But I do know a nickel + a quarter+ iron rust = 80. A number I rarely see with the elliptical 10" I had to jump up to my (what I call)super 99 Auto tune mode just to see how it would unravel since the 80 really puzzled me. The iron was below the 4 discrim so I didn't realize the iron rust was there at first. It was in the sand with the nickel at 4", the quarter at 7 or 8 and the iron about 10" and a foot to the side. I love the F70-Hope this helps someone--------HH--------IB PS I found out my unit ground balances better without a coil protector. Kinda like unprotected and barefooted:rofl:

You are one gold finding dude! :clapping: Way to go! I'm in a heck of a slump on the AU and AG...:sadwalk: Great post on the backstory, that really helps!:thumbup:
Mud

Yea, we love our little machines, don't we?
I am starting to believe this thing can do and find anything with just about any coil you want to put on it.
I have now found gold with all 3 coils, the elliptical, the big DD and now the sniper...just got to figure out the optimum settings for our sites and targets and let it go.

Settings were the same as before...
Sense on 85, pretty quiet in the middle of this big park so not much noise.
DE
Disc on 1 so I could hear the iron and figure out the pull tabs and pop tops when they grunt.
Thresh on -1
4H tones to notice not only the high tones but to sure I would notice any gold that came in at nickel.
That decision evidently was a good one for this hunt.

I gotta try that 4H...been thinking about it since you do real well with it and all....Delta is cool, but I think I have developed a tendency to only hear the high tones?, and only when I really concentrate for nickels, do I find them...might be my ears, I dont know, but I think I have to at least try it...and thats what this Forum is for, to inspire and encourage, and share what works!! Good job on all counts!
Mud

Mud, I had so much time in with the f2 that I got real sensitive to the sound of the hi tones.
There is a diference between the sound of a real coin tone and the slightly more tinny sound of a false hi tone...like rusty iron can give off.
When I got my F 70 and tried out 3h and 4h tones, why, it was like Christmas in July...or November which is when I got my unit.
Still lots of high tone falsing with my high and hot settings I usually use, but I can pick out the good ones easily and the nickel tones sure do shout out to me.
This one did... it screamed.

Yea mud, I like delta too at certain sites but I can't hear nickels anymore in DP. I got this two or three tone harmony thingy going on with my tinnitus kinda like a dial tone is layered. The 4h adds fuzzy tones to trash and the chirpy thing with the stay tabs which I can pick up real easy and defines them from nickels. I learned quickly in 4h to hear the iron grunts along with non reoccurring highs to help ignore the iron like Revier explained. Sorry Revier, didn't mean to hijack your thread but I wanted to point out how easy it is to anternate tone choices with the F70.-IB

Hijack it, adopt it, take it home if you want.
The thing has high tone tastes, however, so feed it steak tips instead of ordinary thread chow and it will thrive.

It is a shame, you go out thinking you are going to have a good time finding some coins and know you will find some
Trash. Than one of them dang old gold rings get in the way. To bad all the stones were not missing. Well, maybe the next
time you will do better on the tabs and nails.. Good luck pal.... KEN. Ind.

na - ice

goldnugget said:
Compass Judge 2 _Great Beach Detector- Loves Gold and Nickels

Don't use the Judge 2 all that much, not many beaches around here either, plus it is as ergonomic to swing as a cinder block.
Still, fun to use when I do pull it out, and come to think of it finding nickels with it seemed to be pretty effortless if I remember correctly.