Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sigh other people children...

JimGilmore

Made it out to the dog park and detected some this morning..... Now I do not ind kids per say but somethime I wish there were more Hannibal Lecter's in the world....
This kid about 7 or 8 come running up to me as I am recovering and gets very close....No mind you that I detect with my dog on a leash with me. He is an eight pound long hair chiahuahua.
The first thing He asked is the typical "whats that" So I tell him politely it is a metal detector. Then He asks what I found which I was in the process of recovering. So I had no clue what I was going to find. It turned out to be a Quarter. Then He asked if he Could have it. I politely said NO. So he runs back to his grand father and That man wasn't very nice..
Excuse me If I had spoke like that to my father I would have received a smack across the face and been sent back to apologise.
Why are kids today so rude ??
And I have NO clue why the Grandparent did not say anything to the kid about this to boot....

I am an Old rascal. I believe that Parents are buying the Idea that one has to treat children with kid gloves or you will hurt their feelings and damage their ego.

Teachers in the Public School have been preaching this for quite some time. Don't want to harm little Johnnies self image.

Kids today are soft! That is the new Liberal Generation for you. That's why they have Bicycle helmets and child car seats to be put in back seat. When I was a kid I use to ride in the car next to my Mom in the front seat with no seat belt while she was chain smoking Winston 100's blowing the smoke in my face. Today She would probally be put in jail for child abuse. LOL!

there are some good kids who want to understand, and then there is the me generation, apple don't fall far from the tree, if they ask for something I have found straight off the bat they get to see my back, not all of them are like that though.

AJ

I agree. With most of you about kids getting in your hair. I do like to be left alone. Yet, I enjoy kids. I was a boy scout leader for over 20 years. Sometimes I wanted to smack them and sometimes I wanted to hug them. I could not do either.
I live in the Philippines during the winter. A different story with kids over their. Most of them are tought respect. They either respect you or the parents smack the crap out of them. When kids are at our house, it is my responsibility to punish them. I never have any trouble with them. I had a very good story about metal detecting in the Philippines at a little village. It is on the %$^#&^% metal detecting forum, My biggest reward ever. There is where I had a great time with very poor kids. Find it and read it. Take care... KEN. from Ind.

Most kids are indulged with just what they want..when they want it, and not being taught any manners. The law also enforces a lot of the crap.. Your not allowed to correct your children now days ..

Very little discipline in the schools too. It will be a sad future for many children when they enter the real world and find they actually have to work for things.. They can't handle real life now..what a future that is going to be..
Of course this is just my opinion from what I see now days..

Harold said:
Kids today are soft! That is the new Liberal Generation for you. That's why they have Bicycle helmets and child car seats to be put in back seat. When I was a kid I use to ride in the car next to my Mom in the front seat with no seat belt while she was chain smoking Winston 100's blowing the smoke in my face. Today She would probally be put in jail for child abuse. LOL!

HAHAH the good ol days!:rofl:

Elton said:
Most kids are indulged with just what they want..when they want it, and not being taught any manners. The law also enforces a lot of the crap.. Your not allowed to correct your children now days ..

Very little discipline in the schools too. It will be a sad future for many children when they enter the real world and find they actually have to work for things.. They can't handle real life now..what a future that is going to be..
Of course this is just my opinion from what I see now days..

I think just like you!

Kids are like potholes, an annoyance when they are small, and when they get big, they wreck your car!

The only good thing about kids is trying to make one, and if successful, its gonna cost you!:rofl:
Mud

Harold said:

HAHAHAHA My dad would be in the next cell ...... His justice was swift and prompt............ He only told you no, or knock off your actions once...

Dad was stern but fair but one thing you never done was back talk mother or show disrespect to anyone especially your elders.

He spared the rod more than what he should have but once you crossed the line you just had a bad day.

Kids now days are soft.lazy and just plain unmannered. Comes from their up bringing or lack there of.

My two kids have their share of problems like we all do but lack of manners and failure to show respect even when not deserved is not one of them.

Learning that was a requirement for surviving to become adults.

FO

-- moved topic --

JimGilmore said:
....... Then He asks what I found which I was in the process of recovering. So I had no clue what I was going to find. It turned out to be a Quarter. Then He asked if he Could have it. I politely said NO.....

Had this exact same thing happen to me a few times, kids hanging around while detecting. The last time it involved a 'concerned' mother and a police show up.
These days when a kid shows up i leave, quickly and without a word. Further, i will not detect a site with young kids in the area.

Yeah, times have changed alright!

Man Jim you got guts. I detect those type of places, well before little Johnny, and Sally open their eyes. Once I start hearing car doors, I'm gone.

After raising my daughter and later helping with other kids I've noticed a big change in parenting. I treated mine like my parents me and had great kids, same with the one's I had influence on while they were kids. The problem with kids today is lazy parents, too many of them have the "entitlement" idea and everything should be give to them. You can't blame the little monsters for no being raised right when you have a adult monster that is totally worthless. All the addicts having kids that walk away and dump them like trash, sad what our country has become. But sometime the parents are too busy to be parents, the kids are just something they own like a pet or property. I think back on my childhood and if one of these people were to raise me today, I wouldn't want them as parents.