Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver #39 of 2013 was a pretty good one....big and sitting.

Hotcz70

Got out with Big Digger (Brad), Deeponedge (Darrel), and Dave-IL a couple of days ago in some windy, chilly weather...to a field site that B-Rad once again researched and located for us.

Illinois weather is a little strange to say the least...60 degrees and a t-shirt on the Harley one day...45 degrees and a stocking cap with jacket the next day...then back to 65 degrees and 3" of rain the next day.:surrender:

This is my first post of finds for 2013. I haven't, and probably won't post finds often this year simply because I don't have the time. I've been spending some quality time with my Dad who is getting ready to have a 4th stint put in his heart...have been very busy with personal training at the gym... and have also been spending some personal time riding the Harley.

However I do hunt often...and if and when I make a nicer find...one I feel is memorable to me... or that is found in a unique way with trash, iron, etc, I'll probably try to post it.

I spend about 70% of my time on the Explorers....30% of my time on the E-Trac. You just can't beat being able to utilize the benefits of the Sunray inline probe on the Explorers and E-Trac.:thumbup:

I've really enjoyed watching Dave, Darrel, and Brad make some nice finds this year and getting them posted on the forum.

I also always keep up with reading everyone's finds on a daily basis and enjoy seeing what others are unearthing.

Also as many of you know (from all the emails and PM';s I get)...I'm still available to answer questions, give tips, advice, opinions, etc.

Anyway this one was one strange site as Dave pulled a large cent a few weeks ago...then Brad pulled a large cent from here a few weeks later...then we all found some wheaties and mercs within a few feet of where the large cents came from??

Just can't figure this place out...but I'm not complaining!

I got a nice deep signal from about 8" so I called Brad over to give it a listen.

We pulled it from the wet soil and I was excited to see it was big silver. I was thinking probably a Washington Quarter since I had just dug a 1958 Roosie from over 9" just a couple of minutes earlier.

[attachment 265392 seatedquarter4.jpg]

I flipped it over to see what the other side was like and it was caked too...so I started rubbing some of the soil away and was shocked to see the sweet outline of an eagle appear.

[attachment 265393 seatedquarter5.jpg]

After some much appreciated congrats from Brad...we started to carefully work on the front a little at a time until the seated lady appeared.

[attachment 265394 seatedquarter7.jpg] [attachment 265395 seatedquarter8.jpg]

What a rush to find a seated quarter when I was expecting a Washington...and would have been thrilled with that because it was silver #4 for the day.

In fact it came from an area within 30 feet of where I had just dug a 1946 wheatie and the 58' Roosie?????

[attachment 265396 seatedquarter9.jpg]

Possibly the farmer had drug it with a plow from an "older" section where the large cents came from...to where I found it??

Oh well...again I'm not complaining...as it put a big smile on my face and also allowed Herky to aid in digging and partake in the fun.

[attachment 265397 seatedquarter2.jpg]

You just NEVER KNOW!

Awesome!!! You can't beat a seated Liberty. :thumbup:

I'm anxious to see it all cleaned up, looks like a full Liberty and a nice shield on the back Bryce......:clapping:

One sweet seated lady Bryce.:clapping: Thanks for your kind words on my last post. I was happy for my pal Lee, but sure wish it would have been me to have found that Barber half. Good to be back and HH.

Eddie

All beautiful finds Bryce! Great pictures as usual! I pray all goes well with your dad!

NebTrac

Larry (IL) said:
I'm anxious to see it all cleaned up, looks like a full Liberty and a nice shield on the back Bryce......:clapping:

Also would like to see the after pic. Great find.

AWESOME Bryce !! I've only ever dug one seated quarter. I can imagine what went through you when you realized what it actually was !
I dug mine in the dark - took me a while to locate it in the hole. It was dirt covered and I actually thought it was CLAD until I got home and saw the eagle through the dirt. What a RUSH !! (1837 - in F-XF condition !)
Congrats, Bruce

Congratulations on the finds Bryce.---It's so nice you guys can get out & hunt together as friends.--Sounds like you fellows have a blast, I'm happy for all of you.--I know what you mean about the weather.--I'm originally from NE & I used to say "if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes".---It can change a lot in a short time, especially at certain times of the year.----Love seeing those pictures of Herky in your hunt pictures to, he's just part of the hunt! :)-----My wife & I will pray for your Dad & his health condition.---Tell him we said "hello".--------Del

All I did was let it soak in warm, soapy water overnight...then popped it into the little 2 x 2 holder.
It's nothing special conditionwise but it does have some sweet details and the back looks great...but it has a rim ding on the front and other front rim wear from a plow or something.

Doesn't matter though...I LOVE it.:clapping:...thanks for responding by the way.:thumbup:

[attachment 265445 seatedquarterfront2.jpg] [attachment 265446 seatedquarterback.jpg]

She turned out really nice!!! I sure would like to find one of those. One of many on the old bucket list. Congrats Bryce.

She is a real beauty Bryce. Little dings and stains wouldn't bother me any, they still have history, character and beauty and you gave it a second life by finding it. :biggrin:

Congratulations on the find.

Cleaned up real nice! It was a lot of fun and congrats on the find!
Herk is a "natural".:clapping:

Them pics turned out great bud! It looks good.:beers:

Sweet find buddy !! A memorable one for sure ! :clap: