Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver, Big and Small

hubbler

Slow detecting year, healing from hip replacement #1 in the spring, waiting for hip #2 in December. But with decent weather for this time of year, hit a local park for a couple of hours today. First target of the day was the barber half. CTX gave 12-46/47 first, then 09/10/11-47 at a depth of 7". Thinking it could be a silver quarter or silver ring, dug down to 7" and the pinpointer let me know I was close. Loosened more dirt and scooped out the loose dirt along with the target. Really pleasantly surprised with the barber half. Measured depth, and the empty hole was 8.5" deep. Next target was a pull tab. Third target was the merc, surrounded by iron, but only 5" deep. Definitely should have been found before as hard as the local parks have been hunted, but I'll take it. Two hours, ~$3 in clad, 7 rusty nails, 20 odd pull tabs/can slaw later, and still two silver, had to call it a day...but will be back before December!

Park silver is pretty darn hard to find in that size anymore, especially a barber! Good job! :thumbup:

Sweet finds my friend!!

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery :thumbup:

HH Jeff

That’s a heck of a find in a park! Really nice Hubbler,you’ll have speedy wheels in 2018!:)

Thanks guys. I appreciate the well wishes and kind words.

Please keep posting interesting finds should you do any good over the winter months. I generally check the forum everyday and enjoy reading the stories.

Happy hunting!

Ron

For not getting out much you sure do very well Hubbler! Heal up completely so we can check out some more loot! Really really nice condition coins!

Nice set of coins! Good job!

Funny you mention the condition. A couple of years ago I found a barber half, also a 1905 S. But I put a helluva scratch across the face. Luckily I was more careful this time. Would post a pic of the first one but I'm in the hospital from the previously mention surgery.

HH and keep posting.

Ron