Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver FFA Ring

magic

I have found quite a few old coins lately, just been too busy to take pics and post. I just found this ring today at about 10 inches deep. I think it may date from the 40s but not sure. Any info on this would be helpful.
Thanks

DSCF0004-8.jpg

DSCF0002-10.jpg

Man that is an interesting find. The guys have to believe soon that 10" is realistic. Rob

Magic,If you live in Indianapolis,the FFA Headquarters is up off of 86th street behind the Traders Point
shopping center.They could probably tell you everything you want to know about the ring. Gary

That is a beautiful ring, and a great find Magic.

Like that Ring Magic, Mickfin

Thanks everyone. I will get it checked out. I looked on ebay and saw one just like mine for 500 buy it now and one for 279 I think. I wonder why this ring is so special to be priced that high?
I will go to the FFA and find out. Maybe I should just take a picture of the ring there and not the actual ring? :shrug:

Hey Magic,

Very nice find! My daughter was the local president in the FFA and I showed her the ring. She said it may have been given to a State or National office holder but there is nothing on the ring that indicates it. Unless you see someones initials in the ring I dont think there is a way to return it. Absolutely wonderful find! Brian

It was a truly great find and I was able to witness the final dig. Probably one of the largest silver ring finds I have seen, it is really a great ring.

For the DFX owners(I being one) you guys with the V3I's should really be thankfull you have that kind of depth. The week before I found a 1901 Barber dime in a hole about 8 inches from where he dug that ring. My Barber dime was at around 7.5-8 inches deep. When Magic called me over to witness the ring dig(man that was cool, I really appreciate that, but then Magic is just that kinda guy, always thoughtfull)I realized it was right next to where I found my Barber dime. Magic asked me to sweep my DFX over the hole his ring was in(yes it was an honest 10 inches) and my DFX would not give a consistantly high VDI, would jump down to 04, everthing in between and then high 80's.

Don't remember if I saw those VDI's the week before right next to where I recovered, but at any rate my DFX would not read that deep of a target very well.

Magic definately has me hooked on the V3i, cant wait to get one later in October when the money is available.

Didn't want to hijack your post Doug, just proving that the V3i is a great machine, with a great operator behind it and to give you the credit for a great deeeeeep find!!! Way to go buddy.

Excellent find Magic,

In my case FFA would stand for "Finally Found A" ring.:clapping: HH

WOOT WOOT :thumbup:THATS ALL MOST AS GOOD AS GOOD LOLOLO:lol:

corvair said:
It was a truly great find and I was able to witness the final dig. Probably one of the largest silver ring finds I have seen, it is really a great ring.

For the DFX owners(I being one) you guys with the V3I's should really be thankfull you have that kind of depth. The week before I found a 1901 Barber dime in a hole about 8 inches from where he dug that ring. My Barber dime was at around 7.5-8 inches deep. When Magic called me over to witness the ring dig(man that was cool, I really appreciate that, but then Magic is just that kinda guy, always thoughtfull)I realized it was right next to where I found my Barber dime. Magic asked me to sweep my DFX over the hole his ring was in(yes it was an honest 10 inches) and my DFX would not give a consistantly high VDI, would jump down to 04, everthing in between and then high 80's.

Don't remember if I saw those VDI's the week before right next to where I recovered, but at any rate my DFX would not read that deep of a target very well.

Magic definately has me hooked on the V3i, cant wait to get one later in October when the money is available.

Didn't want to hijack your post Doug, just proving that the V3i is a great machine, with a great operator behind it and to give you the credit for a great deeeeeep find!!! Way to go buddy.

I am glad you were there to see it also. You know how that V3 is and as I have said before, If you ever want to borrow one to try out, your more than welcome.
Thanks for the great hunt Jack.
See you soon.

This Ring is Amazing. I've Been in ffa for about three years now and I'm devoted to it that ring is beutiful, I've never seen a ring like this if you have any questions on FFA, I will help but it does not stand for Future Farmers of America anymore its just FFA But again that ring is amzaing :rolleyes:

Great find Magic and congrats.

Were you running your normal settings and swinging slow?

All the best, nice to see you back,
EMS

Magic's post was from a year ago...... we haven't heard from him in quite a while.

Magic ,Is doing ok .He has a back and neck problem that has forced him to take some time off of detecting along with personal issues. He will be back in time for sure. I stay in contact with him at least 1 time a week. Just include him in thoughts and prayers and he will be back before you know it. Yazoo

Thanks for the update Mike, I thought he might have been practicing his disappearing magic trick and he couldn't find his way back..............:laugh: Tell him he is missed.