Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver in all sizes...

srf2112

...but I'm partial to the large one, It's my FIRST Walker Half, a 1944. ( Cajuncoinhunter, EJ I think you're contagious ) The .925 earring was a sight find towards the end of a long, unspectacular hunt. I was happy cuz I figured it would salvage the hunt with ONE decent score. Already ready to go, I gave it a little longer and nailed the Half Dollar, 4" down, soon after. I immediately went home (5 min's away) for a break and went back later for a second, quick hunt and pulled the 1949 Washington @ 6-7", about 5' from where the Walker half had been. Stoked !! Both hunts were done in relic, alternate mode using the 6x10 coil at +2+, disc at 2 w/a slight hum.

Congratulations. :clapping: That's an awesome hunt and what a load of silver. :thumbup: I KNOW YOU WERE PUMPED WHEN YOU FOUND THAT WALKER 1/2 DOLLAR. You were just mentioning on a post that you were still waiting to find your first one and then BAMMMM ! :detecting: I really do love that Eagle on the back. That's an awesome hunt and way to stick with it. Can you give us a little history on the sight where you rescued these coins 'cause I know you're gonna be back there with some more posts/finds. Happy Thanksgiving !

CCH

My goodness that's what I call SILVER! That half is a pretty thing. Like EJ, I like the eagle also. I knew your time would be coming soon for you to uncover one of those halves. You keep up that wonderful detecting and thanks for sharing it with us. HH, Nancy

That's IT? Seventy five cents is the best you could do? :rofl: :devil: :drool: Congratulations Scott

Very nice finds! Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures!

NebTrac

Nice silver Congrats . That's what it takes just being out there and being persistent . Good Job

Harold

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Congratulations. :clapping: That's an awesome hunt and what a load of silver. :thumbup: I KNOW YOU WERE PUMPED WHEN YOU FOUND THAT WALKER 1/2 DOLLAR. You were just mentioning on a post that you were still waiting to find your first one and then BAMMMM ! :detecting: I really do love that Eagle on the back. That's an awesome hunt and way to stick with it. Can you give us a little history on the sight where you rescued these coins 'cause I know you're gonna be back there with some more posts/finds. Happy Thanksgiving !

CCH
Pumped..? Oh you know it EJ ! I was getting pretty spent when I first hit the signal. I was very surprised because I've been over this area numerous times (sound familiar ?). I stopped to adjust something and when I put my coil back to the ground it took me a minute to find that signal again. I finally was able to isolate the signal (bouncing 85-88 VDI) but only in ONE direction and I had to sweep it with my 6x10 a little tilted to one side. I decided to dig....This is where I'm really loving my DX-1. After I dug down a bit I stuck the probe in to see what the DX-1 had to say (expecting the VDI to drop down, indicating trash)...when it kept repeating a 90-92 VDI and indicating the right size, my heart started pumping cuz now I knew something good was down there. I cut a WIDE berth around the signal and lifted the loose dirt out with my hand. I'll never forget carefully brushing the dirt away and seeing that huge, bright reeded edge sticking out !!! As far as history, I need to be careful about "lurkers". I'll just say that it's a large spot with a relatively long history for California. I'm not selfish but I've put the research and 100's of hours of recon and hunts in for almost a year and I'm just now starting to realize the potential. I'm just working to bring my skills up and work my way down deeper as I do. I've tried to get a couple of people I've met to come hunt w/me but they've all declined. I've never seen anyone else hunt this area. Tell you what EJ, if you're ever out this way you have an open invitation to come hunt with me ( you too Larry, Nancy, Harold, Dusty, Katz.....) Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving....now I'm gonna try and sneak out for a little hunt to work up an appetite....

Larry (IL) said:
That's IT? Seventy five cents is the best you could do? :rofl: :devil: :drool: Congratulations Scott
You're right Larry. I'm going out as soon as I can to try and find a dollar in silver this time (In one coin) JK
Thanks Larry...coming from you that's a real compliment.

Dang SRF!
That is awesome!
Very Nice finds there.
Keep it up
Dusty

Boy if that's all you have to do is "wish" you can find your first one... I'm wishing like crazy!!
What great finds..
Keep hitting that spot and I'm sure you will find that silver dollar.
Congrats

HH

Scott,

Thanks for the insight - I know you did your homework. One day I'll take you up on that offer too. :thumbup: Thanks.

HuntinDog -
Stay with it ! :detecting: Keep swinging that coil and you WILL get one ! Good Luck.

CCH

HuntinDog said:
Boy if that's all you have to do is "wish" you can find your first one... I'm wishing like crazy!!
What great finds..
Congrats

HH
If it WAS that easy I'd be a lot richer...and better looking..

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Scott,

Thanks for the insight - I know you did your homework. One day I'll take you up on that offer too. :thumbup: Thanks.

HuntinDog -
Stay with it ! :detecting: Keep swinging that coil and you WILL get one ! Good Luck.

CCH

I will keep swinging...
I'd rather be Lucky than good, But good helps...
and the MXT is tops for both..

HH

srf2112 said:
HuntinDog said:
What great finds..
Congrats

HH
If it WAS that easy I'd be a lot richer...and better looking..

I'm not looking to get rich, but finds like that are priceless...:thumbup:
As far as lookin good.. I know it's a curse, but I live with it...:rofl: