Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver jewelry #2 for the year...

REVIER

We are having a pretty weird winter here in Kansas.
Severe cold for weeks freezing all the soil down several inches and then short periods where we get back up into the 50's, 60's and even the low 70's where everything defrosts.
Then the temps drop to single digits which freezes the top few inches again followed by another warm spell for a few days.
Hey, I am not complaining...this stop and go stuff is still way better than winter coming in and staying for months and shutting me down permanently till spring.
I am taking full advantage of any small windows of opportunity to hunt that pop up.
The first warming trend enabled me to go out and find a nice silver spinner ring and 3 gold ones.
Now we have another one and yesterday I found this pretty high quality silver earring with 6 small but what looks like some pretty quality rocks on board.
Right next to a picnic pavilion in a sunny spot where the soil melted enough for me to get to it.
Came in as a pretty darn solid 65-67 zinc on the F70.
This reading would be a Chucky Cheese token 1% of the time and a screw on cap 98% of the time but lots of those caps jump more than 2-3 numbers and this one didn't.
Still expected a screw-on cap being right next to that pavilion but it stayed stable and well within my rules for digging so I did...and once again I was surprised.
A beautiful weekend is predicted...gotta make hay while the sun shines as they say.

Great job!!! I cant wait to see what you find this year after a silver and gold start like you've begun.I predict your best gold and silver year ever.:clapping:

metalfun said:
Great job!!! I cant wait to see what you find this year after a silver and gold start like you've begun.I predict your best gold and silver year ever.:clapping:

Thanks!

"From your mouth to God's ear"...as my mother was fond of saying.

Nice score... weathers been wacky here in northeast pa as well..same sort of warming and cooling pattern but the snow isnt going anywhere as temps barely get up above freezing... 5 weeks since last hunt grumble grumble grumble gurrrr... spring is just around the corner ,just cant quite see the corner from here... looks like you been having fun...congrats...

Nice! Those Rat tokens also hit a solid 67 for me...A guy knows when he hears that tone in a totlot exactly what will be there!:rofl: good work Revier!
Mud

Nice silver ring! WTG!!

Very nice, I like the style of the ring it's got character. Our neck of the U.S. has a minimum of 2ft of snow over the frozen turf.
Congrats to a fine start for 2015!
HH - Bruce

Yeah, REVIER never disappoints...! :thumbup: Big deep cold and heavy snow locking most of us in, so its nice to see some sweet finds....:thumbup:
Mud