Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver last 4 outings

Mswenson289

So I have had some nice luck with the NOX on my last 4 outing's. As a disclaimer the soil has been very moist so that always helps and I have not gotten the E-trac out to fully compare. We have gone back to a couple of sites that we have hit hard, just proves they are never truly hunted out. So out of the last four hunts it has produced 3 silver Washington's, 2 Merc's, a Rosie and a war nickel.
I have made a couple adjustments I wanted to share, After hunting for a number of years with the E-trac my brain was having issue with pulling out the higher deep conductors on the Equinox. On the E-trac I ran the gain pretty high and because of that really could not differentiate between a deep or shallow target but man when you hit those high conductors it screamed. Well I was finding with the Equinox a high conductor did not have the punch I was looking for. My brain and ears were having a hard time picking out the faint high pitch when next to a shallower low conductor. So here is my remedy for park hunting coins. I put the Nox in two tone went in advanced and adjusted tone break to 20 this seems to kill the zinkons and all other annoying targets but the chromium twist tops (22) then I lower both the pitch and volume a couple of clicks on that first tone break. The second is already maxed out by default. Now when re-hunting old parks I have the ability to identify the old deep silver. I understand this is not for everyone but I like the results so far.

Great results M, just goes to show you how a few simple adjustment have made the E work for you!
Thanks for sharing
Laplander