Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver on Sunday and Monday

Gold Nuggets

Hi All..........
It was a nice day yesterday so went to the U of Oregon area to hunt for several hours.
I managed to find about $3 in clad coins, three wheat cents and a 1945-s Merc dime.
Today was just as nice so went back to the same area to try my luck again. I managed
to find about $4 in clad, a crushed toy car, car keys, three wheat cents and my first Standing
Liberty Quarter. The SLQ was about 6 inches down in a tangle of roots. I started cutting
the roots with my digger and finally freed the quarter but not before scratching the face a little.
She was caked with dirt and it was hard not to rub the dirt away to see the date but I resisted
and cleaned her up when I got home. Man was I disappointed to see a S mint mark and NO DATE!!
I guess it could have been worse, she could have been a key date ....... then I would have been
heart sick!! Thanks for looking and HH Gold Nuggets:wiggle:

cingrats on your 1st SLQ..nothing like silver and even better if it's a 1st.

HH

I think I was sleeping at the key-board last night because this post should have ended up on the Explorer forum.
Will the moderators please remove it from this forum and send it to the Explorer forum?
Thanks for the reply 3ringer ....... I hope my next one had a date. GN:wiggle: