Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver program...digger?

JBE_Iowa

Digger,

Did you use the silver program much during testing, could you give a brief review how it worked.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, I used all the programs, to a certain degree. But honestly, having preprogrammed search modes isn't a big deal to me because I make a few tweaks to each of them anyway. For example, the primary difference between the preset Coin mode and Silver mode is in the amount of discrimination. They are both set with 50 tone Conductive, Normal response, Fast OFF, Deep OFF, High Trash, Normal pinpoint, Auto Sensitivity 0, etc. The Silver mode rejects most of the upper left corner of the first block, as well as raises the ferrous line to 14 or so on most targets. After using the CTX 3030 for, well, I can't tell you how long (but it was a long time) I found that if I were coin hunting in areas of modern trash, I'd want a few tweaks to the Coin mode discrimination and set Fast ON, Pinpoint sizing, Target Trace and TT Pinpoint ON, and Auto +2 or +3. If I were hunting a yard or area with "not so much" modern trash, I built Mode 6 with a bit less discrimination than even the factory Coin mode, set the Target Separation to Combined, tweaked the sizes and tones of each "bin", set the ferrous line 35 to accept in Pattern 2 and enjoyed every minute of it! I guess what I am saying is that the search modes are there to help those who want to pull it out of the box and go detecting. But I would encourage EVERYONE who is seriously interested in getting the most out of any detector, learn the functionality and don't be afraid to experiment with the settings. Match the functionality with your style, your sites and your targets. If you get it so goofed up you can't take it anymore, do a reset and start fresh! HH Randy

Randy,

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I use an etrac and mainly hunt in coins mode with a few modifications.

Whats the target seperation?, you said you changed it to combined...does that effect the target trace?

Thanks

Joe