Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver ring found with the VX3

padgett79

another 1 hour hunt this morning before the temps hit a 100 found this large 925 silver ring with stone unknown to me with the VX3 it hit hard in the quarter range

I wonder how someone could lose that. Can you give us some details on where you were detecting, how deep. etc.

Very nice find and the stone is amber. If you look close you might have and insect or two trapped in there.

the ring was found at a local high school 5 inches deep.very dry soil conditions,but the grounds are undergoing a total facelift. bring the rain to Kansas 30 days straight in the 100 degree with no rain.

Nice find . I now what you are saying the ground here in Indiana is dry NEED RAIN .:twodetecting::whites::cheers:

Neil in West Jersey said:
I wonder how someone could lose that. Can you give us some details on where you were detecting, how deep. etc.

You don't lose a ring that big. That bad boy was buried to be picked up at a later date :rofl:

Congrats on the find. With the price of silver and gold where they are at, specializing in jewelry will pay for your detector pretty quickly.

That's very unique ring. A very nice find indeed.

my 26 yr old son came by yesterday and I showed him the ring and his comment was what an ugly ring, I guess that follows unique "Rob". it is a different style of ring for sure I am guessing from the 60's any help with this would be great in the band there is 1 hallmark and 925 but the hallmark is to small for me to see it is a very heavy ring too bad it wasnt white gold that would be a chunk of gold, but hey anymore big silver rings are great to find to.I agree with you earthmansurfer it would be hard to not notice a ring this size lost but it was under the edge of some hedges 5 inches,and at a high school it is hard telling how it was lost interesting story in itself I am sure.

n/t

It's not as big as a wallet, camera, set of keys or cell phone and people lose those all the time. I've got a gold ring bigger than that. My guess on that ring was he was smart enough to take it off before playing basket ball. Rob

Dam Rob your so kind in the words you use, what did I ever do to you,the ring was not even close to the basketball goals, any way I took the VX3 to a local beach ysesterday and after scooping up about 30 pulltabs came up with this nice tungsten ring. 2 rings in 2 hunts and less than 2 hrs total.

padgett79..............I think all Rob was saying is that people lose big things all the time, nothing directed to you personally. It was in response to earthmansurfer comment that you can't lose something that big. Somehow the posts got out of sync and Robs post should have been under his post.

Congrats on another honker ring.

no problem I take critisism very well.

Hate to say it, but the fact of the matter is my son would have dug that up with his Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.

Hate to say it, but the fact of the matter is my son would have dug that up with his Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.

here is the critism I was talking about,but funny none the less your welcome to come hunt with me any time. I will let you lead and I will follow. just dont forget to bring the BH tracker 4.

Your on our forum and face it, half the stuff we all find can be found with a lesser machine. Problem is... "half the machine" can't find the other half. (Nothing takes away from that nice find.) I'd love to follow also MrPopTop.....:biggrin: (Felt stupid for even post on this but....did feel good!)

Don't let his stupid comment get out of hand.......... I don't want anyone to get banned.