Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver ring...then the <1873> Quarter!!!!

gunwolf

got an early start today.. sun up, to hit an empty lot that I researched...the original 1840's home no longer there. there has been some dozer action but no fill... only had time to locate where I think the front walkway was... I grid searched a small area and these are my finds... Silver ring, bent as usual, a really toasted wheat, some cool ornamental thin copper thing, a WWII 1st marine division pin from Guadalcanal, unfortunately I lost some of the blue while cleaning... and then the 1873 Seated lady (no mint mark)! believe it or not ,was near a small tree and was less than 3" deep. don't know why but It came in at 10-35 on the E-trac, but the tone was in the silver range so I'm glad I dug it!
0mBBgtk.jpg

CQrGfwJ.jpg

YGUUUDq.jpg

YW4YZv5.jpg

got an early start today.. sun up, to hit an empty lot that I researched...the original 1840's home no longer there. there has been some dozer action but no fill... only had time to locate where I think the front walkway was... I grid searched a small area and these are my finds... Silver ring, bent as usual, a really toasted wheat, some cool ornamental thin copper thing, a WWII 1st marine division pin from Guadalcanal, unfortunately I lost some of the blue while cleaning... and then the 1873 Seated lady (no mint mark)! believe it or not ,was near a small tree and was less than 3" deep. don't know why but It came in at 10-35 on the E-trac, but the tone was in the silver range so I'm glad I dug it!
0mBBgtk.jpg

CQrGfwJ.jpg

YGUUUDq.jpg

YW4YZv5.jpg
The early bird gets the seated quarter

3” down? Must of been a floater......😂😂
I want to find one of those before I either die or get too crippled up to do this. Oh wait, Coinstar.....

3” down? Must of been a floater......😂😂
I want to find one of those before I either die or get too crippled up to do this. Oh wait, Coinstar.....
funny thing... since I started back doing this 2 months ago... I have only found two silver quarters.. both were shallow... ???? one a barber and now the seated...not complaining, but why do I spend the money on big deep coils when silver is still available above Clad depth?:ROFLMAO::cool:

Nice finds I found a seated dime 3" down right next to a barber dime also 3" down this year right next to a big oak tree in a school yard! crazy right next to each other!
Mark

Nice collection of finds. That spot looks like it could be a really good one.

Trees often yield shallow finds. The root system aids in coins not going deep and the run off from rains washes dirt away. I've found old coins literally on top of the ground around big old trees. HH jim tn

This gives me hope of finding a seated coin someday, like Ronstar I hope it happens soon, I'm not getting any younger.
Trophy find for sure.
been detecting almost 20 years total... found 3 a seated dime, a seated half dime, then today the seated quarter..they are hard to get. one with the old whites... one with the ace 250, and now one with the E-trac.... must be all about location and a bit-o-luck

A Seated quarter eluded me for over 40 years. Had found every other Seated coin, including half dimes, but never a quarter. Found my 1st one about 5 years ago...and since, 5 more. The only silver coin, except half dimes, that I can recall how many I have found. Ole 52, there is still hope. HH jim tn

Congratulations on the seated quarter !!

Sweet. The age old question why 3" deep?
Was it sitting on a root?
Was in pushed up by a rock?
Who knows just glad you found it right?

Nice finds! Double nice nabbing the seated quarter!