Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Showers :biggrin:

jjaddict

Checked the radar when I woke up this morning, had about 40 minutes til a big thunderstorm hit, so I rushed off to some city owned properties for a quick hunt. The rain started after about 30 minutes....thought "what the heck...the Challenger needs a good cleaning anyway," so I kept on hunting for another 30, pulled a few wheats, then scored my 12th silver for the year, a '44 Merc, hitting my one a month goal!!

Last time I hunted this area an older gentlemen came up to me and asked if I'd like to hunt his property sometime, I said "absolutely". So, a couple days ago I swung by and took him up on his offer, house built in the thirties, didn't find anything earlier than the mid sixties...except a sweet "3 Merry Widows" condom tin, I've been wanting to find one of those, don't know why, kinda odd, but the name just cracks me up. He invited me in to check out some coins that his father had given him. Held a $5 Indian gold piece for the first time, also a $1 gold piece and two $1 California gold rush pieces. Pretty sweet, he offered to give me an awesome 1953 Half Dime O mintmark with arrows, but I couldn't accept, that was hard to turn down, really nice shape, gorgeous patina. The best part was that he works for the city, has lots of connections, and is going to hook me up with some really old properties to hunt.

Ground is finally getting digable here, I'm excited for the fall, too bad the days are getting shorter. Hope everyone is getting a chance to get out and score some sweet digs! HH!!!

Congrats on some good finds and some good connection :)