Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver? Silver? No and No....

gunwolf

got out for an hour this morning in an old empty lot... got a nice tone bouncing between 12-43 and 12-47 and I dug...I thought I had a silver ring...NOPE! it is some type of aluminum band. then a bit later another 12-46/47 at 6" so when I dug down and saw the silver I thought I had a silver washington....NOPE! it's a 1967??? why it came out of the ground 6" deep looking like this is beyond my pay grade. I did verify it is clad by the outer band. so denied twice today:p but at least I got out!
lIY9Psi.jpg

LFbvauw.jpg

sHW3u9k.jpg

That’s the key just getting out. People sure won’t find anything sitting in a lazy boy now will they. 😀
Not to mention it’s great exercise so, that in itself is a win.

got out for an hour this morning in an old empty lot... got a nice tone bouncing between 12-43 and 12-47 and I dug...I thought I had a silver ring...NOPE! it is some type of aluminum band. then a bit later another 12-46/47 at 6" so when I dug down and saw the silver I thought I had a silver washington....NOPE! it's a 1967??? why it came out of the ground 6" deep looking like this is beyond my pay grade. I did verify it is clad by the outer band. so denied twice today:p but at least I got out!
lIY9Psi.jpg

LFbvauw.jpg

sHW3u9k.jpg
Some of the later Quarters minted after 1964 are partially silver? Ma

Good point Ma! Some were special runs with some silver but I think they were full silver content.

Are you referring to the 40% Kennedy Halves of the mid/late 60s?

Are you referring to the 40% Kennedy Halves of the mid/late 60s?
Yes, I think so! I have a nice Coin Book that Mike Walker sent me! But since my daughter moved my things out of my APT when I became sick the end of April , was in Hosp & then Nursing home for awhile & then moved in with my youngest daughter Tami, I don't know where she has stored my boxes of books & stuff; so can't find the Coin Book--She just moved things without anything in order; so everything is a mess & I am too ill & unable because of Parkinson's disease to go through & sort out & she is too busy taking care of me & working. My mistake & apologize as I really was thinking Siller Dollars instead of Silver Quarters & Halves! Me bad! Please forgive this old broken down stubborn lady! Ma

Last edited:
No apologies Ma. Ya keep us on our toes!!!!

Yes, I think so! I have a nice Coin Book that Mike Walker sent me! But since my daughter moved my things out of my APT when I became sick the end of April , was in Hosp & then Nursing home for awhile & then moved in with my youngest daughter Tami, I don't know where she has stored my boxes of books & stuff; so can't find the Coin Book--She just moved things without anything in order; so everything is a mess & I am too ill & unable because of Parkinson's disease to go through & sort out & she is too busy taking care of me & working. My mistake & apologize as I really was thinking Siller Dollars instead of Silver Quarters & Halves! Me bad! Please forgive this old broken down stubborn lady! Ma
Yes ma'am,, like Mr Ronstar says ,, no need to apologize ,, I get to typing on this computer thingy sometimes,, and my mind gets to going faster than my fingers are typing ,, and sometimes I don't get everything typed out right . That's my excuse anyway ,, :ROFLMAO:

Yes ma'am,, like Mr Ronstar says ,, no need to apologize ,, I get to typing on this computer thingy sometimes,, and my mind gets to going faster than my fingers are typing ,, and sometimes I don't get everything typed out right . That's my excuse anyway ,, :ROFLMAO:

We all do good! Well according to our age, education, from the school of hard knocks (Like what my dad used to say, where he got his education--lol) & how we feel well, not well, happy or unhappy--that is what we call, just live one day at a time; otherwise, piling in too much at once can cause trouble with a capital-T. I have problems with MR. FORGETFULNESS in remembering names & how to spell correctly at different times & on different days! :shrug::cry: