Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver, Silver, Silver and a Buff.

Old coin hunter

Cooled off this weekend so went detecting Saturday and Sunday. Detected the park on Saturday for 2 1/2 hours and found 54 coins : 9 qtrs, 28 dimes, 14 coppers, 1 zinc and 2 wheats. Detected a lawn on Sunday for 2 1/2 hours that i hunted early this spring when it was really dry. They've been watering it all summer so i figured i might get some better signals with some moisture being in the ground and found 20 coins: 1 clad dime, 3 coppers, 1 zinc, 11 wheats, 2 Mercs, 1 Rosie and 1 Buff. 44 and 45 Mercs and 46 Rosie. They were all 6 inches or deeper and the signals were spotty and week. Used my Simplex+ in Park one with full sensetivity but had a really hard time as the EMI was unberable and if i turned the sensetivity down i couldn't hear the hits as i tried it on one Merc. Wish someone would make some kind of an add on to cancel out the EMI or the detector manufactures would come up with something as i probably missed a coin or two. HH Jim.

Attachments

• 8-2-2021 3 Silvers and a Buff..jpg
    8-2-2021 3 Silvers and a Buff..jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
Good job sticking at it!!! Patience pays…..

Looks like the extra moisture in the ground made a difference. Nice hunt with some nice coins.