Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Streak

RLOH

I have had a great late fall detecting season for finding silver with the Etrac. Last week in northeast Ohio we had sub zero weather and 50 mph winds. The last two days have been in the 40's and most of the snow has melted. Yesterday's forecast was predicting high 50's with 30% chance of rain. I charged the battery last night and headed out at 9 am with no rain and 47 degree temp. On the drive to my spot it started raining but I was determined to swing the coil.

When I got to the park, no rain and 50 degrees out. Headed to the area where I have found the Barbers. It was a swampy mess, but had some drier ground. I mentally picked a 40 foot by 40 foot spot to grid that was not under water. Third pass, I dig a 9 inch deep merc. I ended up with the merc and four wheats in this spot. I headed over to where I had found a Barber quarter and found two really deep wheats. I was quickly tiring out so I headed up the hill toward my truck. Two more wheats finished my morning. It ended up not raining and the temps got to 63 degrees. I sure wish I was younger and in better shape because these are perfect detecting days.

Todays silver made 12 out of 13 days finding silver. I thought these days were long gone. I must be getting good with the Etrac. I was considering trying a one of the new Minelabs, but I don't think that will be necessary. I do have a Legend and it is a real nice detector, but for some reason it can't compete with the Etrac at this particular park. At some of my other detecting places it will just "kill it".

To all the fine people on this forum, have a great 2023!

I have had a great late fall detecting season for finding silver with the Etrac. Last week in northeast Ohio we had sub zero weather and 50 mph winds. The last two days have been in the 40's and most of the snow has melted. Yesterday's forecast was predicting high 50's with 30% chance of rain. I charged the battery last night and headed out at 9 am with no rain and 47 degree temp. On the drive to my spot it started raining but I was determined to swing the coil.

When I got to the park, no rain and 50 degrees out. Headed to the area where I have found the Barbers. It was a swampy mess, but had some drier ground. I mentally picked a 40 foot by 40 foot spot to grid that was not under water. Third pass, I dig a 9 inch deep merc. I ended up with the merc and four wheats in this spot. I headed over to where I had found a Barber quarter and found two really deep wheats. I was quickly tiring out so I headed up the hill toward my truck. Two more wheats finished my morning. It ended up not raining and the temps got to 63 degrees. I sure wish I was younger and in better shape because these are perfect detecting days.

Todays silver made 12 out of 13 days finding silver. I thought these days were long gone. I must be getting good with the Etrac. I was considering trying a one of the new Minelabs, but I don't think that will be necessary. I do have a Legend and it is a real nice detector, but for some reason it can't compete with the Etrac at this particular park. At some of my other detecting places it will just "kill it".

To all the fine people on this forum, have a great 2023!
The etrac is really a great detector....one of the best in the field for years......I will not be trying a new detector this coming year either.