Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver umax help please!

Hoping someone can help me fix my silver umax. I decided to open it up and check out where the ground balance trim pot is and discovered that there was a loose wire in there. The white wire shown in the first picture, was connected to the sensitivity pot but not connected anywhere on the board. I looked around everywhere and found only one spot on the board that looked like a possible spot where a wire might have broken off so I soldered it back to that spot as shown in the second picture. Not so sure that was correct cause I did an air test with a dime and changing the sensitivity doesn't seen to make any difference at all. The dime hit at the same distance with the sens at 1 as it does maxed out. Can anyone tell me if I got it right. Thanks

Hmm I dont have my Silver currently so I cant help out sorry did the broken end have much solder on it? Seems like it would be pretty obvious where it came from but IDK. Maybe you have it right but air testing is not a good guage for testing sensitivity? Good Luck

Not to be too critical. Tesoro could have used a smaller guage wire that is also more flexible in thier detectors. Would make a better fit.............

The end of the wire looked pretty cleanly broken off no visible wire, I had to strip some of the plastic off but the spot on the board had solder with a little piece of wire sticking up. It was the only spot I saw that looked that way. Don't know about the bandito II.

took the bandito II apart but I don't think it is wired the same the white wire from what I could see went to a solder point closer to the edge of the board from what I could tell I will contact my grandson and get him to look at his Silver

Many thanks goes out to Barry for helping solve the problem. I would never have thought it goes there. I will solder it back up to its proper home ASAP.

No Thanks Necessary Just let us know if it gets that great detector back on track for Ya

Yep that did the trick. Boy did I have it completely wrong before. Now I can get out and start using it to get the good stuff. Thanks everyone trying to help.

Glad to hear it now get out there and dig Cause I can't !! freaking Chemo treatments got me doing nothing but research and such right now ! and watching test vids to see if I want to try another brand once I get back to going LOL