Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver with the Delta using my new 11" DD

topazguy

Hey all,

I picked up the 11" DD coil after reading through a lot of info here (special thanks to bb_maine) and decided to break it in yesterday after work.

I am sure it was more luck than anything, but the first target I locked onto was a solid dime, around 81-82, running about 3" deep. I figured I would pull a clad dime to start the hunt, but was surprised to pull a nice silver ring! Talk about breaking your new coil in the right way!

I was running sensitivity around 9 (some EMI in the area kept me from maxing it) and on discriminate mode with foil notched out.

Thanks for looking all and HH!

:clapping: Nice!

Thanks for all the comments and support everyone. I couldn't be happier!

The 11" DD coil is a monster and really takes my Delta to the next level. I am definitely glad I bit the bullet and picked one up.

HH everyone!

That's beautiful ring! :thumbup:

tabman

You say you notched out foil. I don't know if you know it or not about 50% or so of lost gold rings fall into that category......Jack

jackintexas said:
You say you notched out foil. I don't know if you know it or not about 50% or so of lost gold rings fall into that category......Jack

Yep, from my test most of the small gold rings that are lost fall in the 50 - 58 range. The foil sports drink cap ID number is 49/50. Rather than notch out 'foil', it's better to turn the discrimination knob to 50. At that setting, if I want to cherry pick for silver rings, dimes, and quarters etc., you can notch out pull tabs, screw caps and zinc pennies and still have a good shot at finding a gold ring without having to dig a lot of trash.

tabman

Thanks for the comments, as well as the tips and tricks. I am always looking to get better and appreciate all the help I can get!